Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2019, 02:10 PM
Planar Protector

There is no velious leather helm graphic though. There is only velious plate helm graphic.
Old 07-03-2019, 10:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradsamma [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The lower left one I'm assuming?
Yep
Old 07-04-2019, 06:05 PM
Fire Giant

Loramin, the custom helm looks are definitely not leather. You can fix the wiki.
Old 07-04-2019, 08:06 PM
Planar Protector

Loramin is a great guy but he loves his wiki too much sometimes
Old 07-04-2019, 10:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkanjil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Loramin, the custom helm looks are definitely not leather. You can fix the wiki.
Just want to be clear before I do ...

All "Custom *" helms have the exact same fashion/look? And no other item has that same fashion/look? And the best name for that fashion category would be "Fashion:Custom Velious Helm" ... or can anyone suggest a better one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muggens [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Loramin is a great guy but he loves his wiki too much sometimes
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 07-05-2019, 12:08 AM
Planar Protector

The graphic is just velious helm. Not even custom. Gnome tink armor is also velious plate, including helm.
Old 07-05-2019, 01:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legidias [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The graphic is just velious helm. Not even custom. Gnome tink armor is also velious plate, including helm.
So, the thing of that is ...

http://wiki.project1999.com/Clockwork_Watchman_Helm

also has a "Fashion: Leather" [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] But just the helm, not the rest of the armor.

I see two possibilities:

1) The wiki info is correct: http://wiki.project1999.com/Clockwork_Watchman_Helm and http://wiki.project1999.com/Custom_Blood_Lord%27s_Crown both do have the same look, and that look is shared with everything else in http://wiki.project1999.com/Category:Fashion:_Leather ... but that name "Leather" really doesn't describe it well.

2) There are two categories: "actual leather" (eg. what http://wiki.project1999.com/Ancient_Leather_Cap presumably looks like) and a different "high end velious plate" look that somehow got merged into leather in Lucy's database

I'm guessing it's the latter, but then it'd be nice if we could figure out how much of http://wiki.project1999.com/Category:Fashion:_Leather really belongs in this other category. Like is it only a problem with custom helms and the clockwork watchmen helm? Is it only a helm thing?

Once I've narrowed down the problem I can fix it (or if it's big enough, write a script to fix it), but I don't want to fix some stuff by hand only to figure out later there's a bunch more.

However, I don't know what things should look like, so any assistance as to what the wiki has wrong would be appreciated.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 07-05-2019 at 01:43 PM..
Old 07-05-2019, 10:39 PM
Planar Protector

There is only one Velious helm graphic (the custom helms). Since there's only the one, a distinction between armor type becomes irrelevant--the item either has the graphic, or it doesn't. The large majority of Velious head slot items either have no graphic or use an old-world graphic.

I notice on database websites many (all those I checked, anyway) of the Velious graphic helms are classed as leather, so perhaps that's how the original game database treated them? The distinction would've been invisible to players, after all, so it could've hypothetically been a convenience setting for the database guys.

Danth
Last edited by Danth; 07-05-2019 at 10:44 PM..
Old 07-22-2019, 07:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There is only one Velious helm graphic (the custom helms). Since there's only the one, a distinction between armor type becomes irrelevant--the item either has the graphic, or it doesn't. The large majority of Velious head slot items either have no graphic or use an old-world graphic.
Shoot, I don't mean to necro an old thread, but I somehow forgot to mention that I created a new category to fix this (and then I just found a tab with this thread open now, so better late than never ...)

I also added all (or at least I think/hope it's all) of the helms with that graphic to it. If anyone sees any missing please let me know ... or better yet, just edit the item in question and replace the fashion category at the bottom with:
Code:
[[Category:Fashion: Custom Helm]]

Closed Thread