Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 07-08-2019, 11:54 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Shares ip

So I am new here and I want my son to play. It says I need his account info when petitioning. So since I have to make his account can he also play after petitioning or does he have to wait until I get conformation?
Old 07-08-2019, 04:01 PM
Aviak

It's been a long time since I've gotten one.

It won't work until they process the request and you won't necessarily get a notification when it's done -- it will just work. In the interim either of you can play, but not both.
Old 07-08-2019, 04:19 PM
Planar Protector

Make both accounts and submit in petitions for exemption. Even before the IP exemption, you can both play (as long as one of you has a different IP, like from cell phone tethering) as long as you can prove theres 2 humans for 2 characters if challenged.
Old 07-08-2019, 04:40 PM
Former Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legidias [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Even before the IP exemption, you can both play (as long as one of you has a different IP, like from cell phone tethering) as long as you can prove theres 2 humans for 2 characters if challenged.
I would not recommend doing this, with the new guides coming along IP exemptions have basically been processed daily so long as we get the proper information supplied. Just make a request via the Petition forum here.

Request for exemptions must include the following:
>>Account names of every person that will be playing from the same IP.
>>Any accounts that you have requested an IP Exemption in the past
>>The identities (real first names)
>>Relations to the players

This format works best: Real first name - Relationship - Account Name

Please make sure that at least one character has been created under each account.
Please verify the spelling of each account you specify.

If you fail to provide us the format we have requested it will delay your request.
Old 07-08-2019, 08:48 PM
Planar Protector

Out of curiosity, is that a new thing (2 people from same spot w/o exemption)? I know Braknar is gone, but thats basically how he always ruled for those situations.
Old 07-09-2019, 09:02 AM
Former Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legidias [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Out of curiosity, is that a new thing (2 people from same spot w/o exemption)? I know Braknar is gone, but thats basically how he always ruled for those situations.
I'm not going to make any kind of official ruling, all I'm saying is IP exemptions are being processed super quick, you don't even need to wait 24hrs these days.

Most people aren't that tech savvy, they could muck it up and get themselves banned, by the time they figure out some work around their exemption would be processed anyways.
Old 07-09-2019, 10:51 AM
Planar Protector

Good point, and big thumbs up to the turnaround time. I believe we all appreciate more hands volunteering their time. Thanks!
Old 07-10-2019, 07:07 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Do you receive a notification that your request has been approved? Me and my girlfriend are eagerly awaiting approval!!!
Old 07-10-2019, 07:12 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Like, will I receive a notification if the exemption has been approved?
Old 07-11-2019, 11:05 AM
Large Rat

I had my IP exemption processed a few days ago and super quickly. Posted the request with correct format on the Petition forum around 8AM and later that evening I received notification from Sunderfury that it all went through. The rules and regs are posted as a reply to your forum petition for reference once it's approved.

Quick and easy! Thanks!