Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 07-15-2019, 10:11 PM
Aviak

Default Random/Not so Random Freezing Issues

So I have become very frustrated lately as I just seem to randomly freeze in certain zones. The 1st zone I noticed is in Plane of Sky. I checked my "dbg log file" and noticed these errors "D3DXCreateTextureFromFileEx() failed to create texture flare_blsp50a.png, spelna, speldd, spelbb, spelab, gena20, spelab, gena20, gena30, spela. (those are each of the specific files)

Another odd thing I noticed that happened once night in Kael was every time I tried to /random "any number", I would crash.....

I have already attempted to replace my entire Spell Effects folder within my EQ directory, among other things (updated graphic card, BIOS, performed windows updates, set windows xp mode on, running as admin, set to use all cores, etc) and nothing has worked.....

HELP ME PLEASE!!!!!!
Old 07-16-2019, 09:19 AM
Planar Protector

Sounds like a chat window set to an invalid size, especially if your /random causes a crash every time. Easiest fix is to rename eqclient.ini so the windows go to default size and positions and see if anything changes. Easy enough to revert back - delete the newly created eqclient.ini and rename the old one back.

-Mcoy