Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2010, 06:52 PM
Planar Protector

Default an idea that'd benefit lots of people

hi guys!

So, before lustrous russet was removed, my guild (including myself) were all foaming at the mouth for PoH to be released. So, in the patch where the cryosilk robe and the lustrous russet was removed we thought "sweet, they're removing that stuff according to the natural timeline progression, that means PoH is coming out!"

but that was like a month ago, and we've gone from foaming at the mouth to being bored and playing grabass! (fun, but also gets boring)

I have a set of lustrous russet armor -- so this isn't for me, but i propose to put lustrous russet back into the game until PoH comes out! It'd be beneficial to all of divinity, most of transc, some of IB, and any other possible guilds that wanted to hop into fear. Would also give people something to do. We're currently in a sort of limbo state.

Thoughts?
Old 02-02-2010, 06:54 PM
Planar Protector

*Like*

it's like you make the atomic bomb (server) and you don't want to let other countries (guilds) have nuclear secrets (under the radar information). it's gm's business and no one else's or else everyone gets nuked. letting Iran or North Korea beta test and keep the successful nukes, makes other countries uncomfortable.
Old 02-02-2010, 06:59 PM
Planar Protector

I like this idea if they made the drop rate a lot lower.. Maybe 1/5 or 1/10 what it was before. That would pretty much guarantee fear being cleared at all times (giving people stuff to do) from now until hate opens, without seeing TOO much more LR on the server.
Old 02-02-2010, 07:07 PM
Planar Protector

it kills me the only piece of LR I need was ninja looted at the gm event by a level 1 =p
Old 02-02-2010, 07:36 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Finawin

This is a good idea.
Old 02-02-2010, 09:39 PM
Sarnak

Other option: open hate?
Old 02-02-2010, 09:49 PM
Planar Protector

yeah, or open hate -- either way, just do something *please!*
Old 02-02-2010, 10:25 PM
Kobold

Send a message via ICQ to vageta31 Send a message via AIM to vageta31 Send a message via Yahoo to vageta31

Uh I don't think lowering the drop rate makes any sense seeing as Hasbinbad has near a full set... Why is it always *after* you get what you want that it's decided to nerf the drop rate? Who cares if other people get pieces or not.. LR isn't required to kill any of the boss mobs in this game so it's not like letting other guilds get it will screw up the game for you..

This is a re-living of the classic experience. People are wanting to do things that they may not have been able to do the last time around. When Kunark comes out most of the classic world loot becomes worthless and is no drop so won't be able to be handed down, so who cares if there are a greater number of people in the game with the same loot as you? When Kunark comes out the people that are achievers will still be ahead of the curve and get the best drops first, regardless how many of the other people managed to get old world uber loot.

Yes this game rewards those that level and achieve things quickly, but to say something should be brought back in the game but much rarer after you already have most of it is a bit arrogant no?

"Gee I've managed to farm 5 rubi BP's, let's nerf it this patch so that no one else can!"

Asking for something to be more rare after you've gotten it is selfish. On that note I could care less if they add it back in or not, but if they do why nerf it? Why not give others the same chance you had?
Old 02-02-2010, 10:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by vageta31 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
..Hasbinbad has near a full set..
False.
Old 02-02-2010, 10:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by vageta31 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why is it always *after* you get what you want that it's decided to nerf the drop rate?
..and LOL, I'm trying to help you guys get SOME AT ALL. Right now NONE AT ALL drops. Do you really think the GM's are likely to do this at all? Probably a more realistic expectation if you limit it somehow if you ask me.

Sorry for trying to help!