Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2010, 09:25 AM
Aviak

Mages and Enchanters would probably like the cryo robe back in if this is also considered.
Old 02-03-2010, 10:26 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Belmont [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Mages and Enchanters would probably like the cryo robe back in if this is also considered.

Yes but that doesn't benefit Karsten.
He wants more Russet or PoHate, not a robe.
Old 02-03-2010, 11:05 AM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to Trimm

Legitimate question: Are we past-due for PoH? I'm not very sure on the timeline.

I'd love to get a suit of russet, but if the classic timeline had it removed well before Hate was released, so be it. I'm playing on this server to get as close as possible to the classic EQ experience, that includes the good and the bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog View Post
Cats on the moon not happening on my watch.
Old 02-03-2010, 11:08 AM
Kobold

Send a message via ICQ to vageta31 Send a message via AIM to vageta31 Send a message via Yahoo to vageta31

Quote:
Apparently you're aware that LR was taken out? Not touchin this one anymore than that...
I guess you didn't read clearly enough. I'm fully aware of LR being taken out and it never bothered me. All that I'm saying is that asking for it to be brought back into game, but make it more rare is pointless and looks selfish since they very people wanting it back in seem to already have a bunch of it. Simply leave it out and move on, or if asking for it to be put back in then let it drop as much as it used to.

And yes of course this is a recreation of the classic eq experience so not everyone will get everything they want "just because they didn't get it last time". But if the LR drop rate was so high was that a recreation as well? Were you guys griping about the drop rate on LR when you were the ones benefiting from it? "Gee LR is dropping far too much, please GM's fix it!" No.. it's "We want LR back in game since there's no Hate yet, but make it much rarer!"
Old 02-03-2010, 12:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimm [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Legitimate question: Are we past-due for PoH? I'm not very sure on the timeline.

I'd love to get a suit of russet, but if the classic timeline had it removed well before Hate was released, so be it. I'm playing on this server to get as close as possible to the classic EQ experience, that includes the good and the bad.
Answer: No. Stop speculating on the timeline, imo. If you don't have the research skills to figure it out for yourself, then you shouldn't worry about it.

it's like you make the atomic bomb (server) and you don't want to let other countries (guilds) have nuclear secrets (under the radar information). it's gm's business and no one else's or else everyone gets nuked. letting Iran or North Korea beta test and keep the successful nukes, makes other countries uncomfortable.
Old 02-03-2010, 12:40 PM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to Trimm

What I meant is from day 1 the Devs stated they will be following the original timeline as close as possible. Russet is removed, Hate is released later... Whats the problem. There's no reason to implement non-classic elements to the game to satisfy players who rushed to 50 and have run out of content already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog View Post
Cats on the moon not happening on my watch.
Old 02-03-2010, 02:31 PM
Aviak

IIRC :

April 1999 EQ started

October 1999 (Halloweeen) PoH opened.

We are a few months off from hate if this is the timeline.
Old 02-03-2010, 02:45 PM
Kobold

I really wish devs/gm's would just instantly lock any thread from people asking for more content or whatever. Yes I already have a level 50, yes im close to having my second level 50, yes ill make many more level 50s, and yes I am bored of the current raiding.

get over it.
Old 02-03-2010, 02:48 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witness [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I really wish devs/gm's would just instantly lock any thread from people asking for more content or whatever. Yes I already have a level 50, yes im close to having my second level 50, yes ill make many more level 50s, and yes I am bored of the current raiding.

get over it.
Cool story, bro

inb4IB
Old 02-03-2010, 02:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by vageta31 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I guess you didn't read clearly enough. I'm fully aware of LR being taken out and it never bothered me. All that I'm saying is that asking for it to be brought back into game, but make it more rare is pointless and looks selfish since they very people wanting it back in seem to already have a bunch of it. Simply leave it out and move on, or if asking for it to be put back in then let it drop as much as it used to.

And yes of course this is a recreation of the classic eq experience so not everyone will get everything they want "just because they didn't get it last time". But if the LR drop rate was so high was that a recreation as well? Were you guys griping about the drop rate on LR when you were the ones benefiting from it? "Gee LR is dropping far too much, please GM's fix it!" No.. it's "We want LR back in game since there's no Hate yet, but make it much rarer!"
Okay well I'm gonna take a less disrespectful tone now because I'm going to blame misunderstanding and mistaken sentence structure for the first case.

Originally, LR wasn't some mystical OMG YAY armor. It was just LR, and cryosilk. LR dropped just like it did here. the drop rate wasn't "too high" like you're trying to shove into our mouths. Class specific armor didn't drop but they left it in here and that's not really in my power to explain why (I didn't go to fear before hate came out but I'm fairly certain that's how it was...).

However, the deal is that LR was taken out, 0% drop rate. A reduced drop rate is merely a middle ground. Like hasbi nsaid, if you can get them to get full drop rate in good for you.

Personally I don;'t think it's gonna happen at all, and even trying is silly. Like I said, we're just numbers and charts =p
Last edited by Ektar; 02-03-2010 at 03:05 PM..
Closed Thread