Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2016, 09:05 AM
Planar Protector

Ding level 46. Give me that sweet sweet KEI and raid pixels.
Old 10-24-2016, 10:20 AM
Planar Protector

It's fun to get good loot and it's a rewarding part of the game, but making that your primary objective is the difference between drinking on special occasions and having a dozen beers every day.
Old 10-24-2016, 11:41 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravager [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's fun to get good loot and it's a rewarding part of the game, but making that your primary objective is the difference between drinking on special occasions and having a dozen beers every day.
Every day is a special occasion.
Old 10-24-2016, 11:58 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Also, isn't 4 groups really low for Luclin? Is there some sort of keying system there where BDA can't bring their entire force?
DBG put in some event mid-week that halved lockout timers from 7 to 3.5 days. So we did an impromptu unofficial VT raid on a day that wouldn't impact the scheduled VT raid.

Blue
Tofusin - 60 Monk <BDA>
Shiroe - 60 Enchanter
Manowarr - 60 Druid
Old 10-24-2016, 12:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Most people are full of shit when they tell you loot isn't at all important to them. Those people are in the very small minority. It's an important part of the game that makes it fun and it's completely ok to want to get more than table scraps. There are probably a lot of others that share the same sentiment but for their own reasons aren't as vocal about it. One is probably loot council.
Everyone cares about loot. Most people in BDA just care more about the people they are playing with then how loot is awarded.

I'd prefer if BDA was DKP just so it was less stressful for officers but otherwise it's fine.

Blue
Tofusin - 60 Monk <BDA>
Shiroe - 60 Enchanter
Manowarr - 60 Druid
Old 10-24-2016, 12:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Most people are full of shit when they tell you loot isn't at all important to them. Those people are in the very small minority. It's an important part of the game that makes it fun and it's completely ok to want to get more than table scraps. There are probably a lot of others that share the same sentiment but for their own reasons aren't as vocal about it. One is probably loot council.
i have a 60 shm on red, with raw hide legs .. i have kael leggings but never bothered with the faction .. i did bother with my epic, and have all of the faction & the tear .. but just don't care about completion at 60

what for anyway, to be more efficient at doing the stuff i was already doing? so i can solo a hard mob, which is a trivial duo?
Old 10-24-2016, 12:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man0warr [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
so it was less stressful for officers but otherwise it's fine.
this is 100% why Taken changed from LC to DKP back in 2013. It felt great for members to not be able to point to officers specifically about loot choices.

Epic choices still tons of drama but at least every Sky raid didnt have loot QQ after the DKP switch, highly recommend.
Old 10-24-2016, 01:09 PM
Planar Protector

Haven't logged in since Wednesday. Spent my extended weekend entertaining someone. Eager to get back into the swing of things tonight.
Originally Posted by Hollywood Hogan
The first thing you gotta' realize, brother, is this right here is the future of wrestling. You can call this the New World Order of Wrestling.
Old 10-24-2016, 02:06 PM
Planar Protector

AoN is good for using old models and horse. Also good for junk buff eating. Also good for illusioning through doors.

Other than that... Useless.

Gearing tanks for progression isn't a myth. It's just dependent on the expansion / server. It's possible it's not required on Phinigel due to the changes to game mechanics over the years.

But I will tell you 100% it was required to gear out your tanks when going from SoD -> Underfoot cause those raids were face beaters. Also on the recent Quarm server my guild gave almost all the gear to warriors and Knights. It was absolutely crucial going from crappy level 50 default gear into CoAnguish to kill OMM. Most of our casters got 1-2 pieces of gear to upgrade crucial focii, while most of the tanks picked up upgrades in every single slot.

It just depends on the jump in content you're making. I can see it not being a big deal for Phinigel though since everything is instanced and you can max your loot weekly in this era + all the game mechanics changes have made this content easier.

If they aren't dumb and release GoD individually, you may want to be putting a full Qvic set on a few warriors before pushing through Inkt'uta, Txevu and Tacvi, rather than just DKPing the Msha gear.

I'll be very interested to see what they do for Msha instancing... No way they'll make the instance be the same respawn as the statics.
Old 10-24-2016, 02:23 PM
Aviak

Moardots is a loot whore. Meanwhile Chest has a Gharn's, Fist of Nature, and Fangs? I wonder what rags the other monks in BDA use. I was around BDA for a very short time but my experience is this.

Person A: leaves guild because of what they perceive as shadow council shenanigans. (probably right)
Officer B in mostly BiS: Person A was a loot whore, good riddance
Peanut Gallery: You go girl (Officer B), you are so right, Person A is a piece of shit.

Pleaseeee give me a break. I saw real quickly what that Shadow Council was all about.

Very shocking that a stand up and historic BDA supporter like Moardots got the shaft. Guess you didn't suck that Shadow Council d*ck enough.
Closed Thread