Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 11-20-2016, 09:25 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcr4990 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Let's define what "warm body" means here. I've always understood it to mean someone who's just extra fluff and not really vital to the raid's success. When you're rolling 60 deep in VT with 8 clerics I can see how you could make an argument for a couple clerics being warmbodies. When your VT split raid has 38 total players with 4 clerics (One being a box that's not even in the CH rot just rez/buff bot) there's no such thing as a warmbody cleric. Doing things with low numbers demands performance from every single person to succeed. Doing VT with 60 means quite a few warmbodies.

Maybe my definition of warmbody is off?
Chest just got YT'd off the forums
Old 11-21-2016, 12:41 AM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Is this good for my first night as a member? Got more/better loot tonight alone than 4 months of raiding in that other guild. Shits cray. BiS Aten BP cost me a pretty penny but totes worth it.
Old 11-21-2016, 01:11 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcr4990 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Is this good for my first night as a member? Got more/better loot tonight alone than 4 months of raiding in that other guild. Shits cray. BiS Aten BP cost me a pretty penny but totes worth it.
What's this? BDA is fucking shit?
Old 11-21-2016, 01:59 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Maybe my definition of warmbody is off?
I have always thought the most amazing thing about Chest was his ability to get his guild to drink the koolaid. Let's tick off the list of his achievements in this area:
  • Convinced solidly average guild that they were the best guild on the server despite constantly losing to IB/TMO/FE
  • Convinced said guild that they were the most noble guild on the server despite rule lawyering every time they could
  • Convinced said guild to follow him to the Dark Side by breaking the rotation, a complete inversion of BDA's original message
  • Convinced said guild to follow him to a different EQ server, abandoning years of hard-won pixels
  • Convinced said guild that they were one of the best guilds on said server despite obvious evidence to the contrary
Of course, as an engineer all of this hypocrisy drives me nuts. But it's truly an impressive level of persuasion. I wonder if he read The 48 Laws of Power ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Greene
People have an overwhelming desire to believe in something. Become the focal point of such desire by offering them a cause, a new faith to follow. Keep your words vague but full of promise; emphasize enthusiasm over rationality and clear thinking. Give your new disciples rituals to perform, ask them to make sacrifices on your behalf. In the absence of organized religion and grand causes, your new belief system will bring you untold power.
Old 11-21-2016, 02:03 AM
Planar Protector

Robert Green on 5 Ways to Organize Your Cult-Like Following
  • Find a way both elevating and comforting. (the way of pixels)
  • Create rituals for your followers. (the raid, the forumquest batphone)
  • Organize them into a hierarchy, ranking them in grades of sanctity, and giving them names and titles that resound with religious overtones (the officers, loot council, remember Chest's signature with his titles of Destroyer of the Rotation and such?)
  • Ask them for sacrifices that will fill your coffers and increase your power. (give all loot to officer alts)
  • To emphasize your gathering's quasi-religious nature, talk and act like a prophet: You are a priest, a guru, a sage, a shaman, or any other word that hides your real power in the mist of religion. (who wants to post BDA forum screenshots?)
Old 11-21-2016, 02:04 AM
Planar Protector

Actually, a better example would be how all the officers got a different N.W.O. wrestler.
Old 11-21-2016, 02:15 AM
Planar Protector

I like the turn this thread is taking...
Old 11-21-2016, 02:25 AM
Sarnak

Old 11-21-2016, 02:38 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troubled [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You went to the extra effort to blur that screenshot before snipping that quote off it that may or may not be fabricated?

Post it properly or not at all, don't piss around.
Old 11-21-2016, 05:07 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have always thought the most amazing thing about Chest was his ability to get his guild to drink the koolaid. Let's tick off the list of his achievements in this area:
  • Convinced solidly average guild that they were the best guild on the server despite constantly losing to IB/TMO/FE
  • Convinced said guild that they were the most noble guild on the server despite rule lawyering every time they could
  • Convinced said guild to follow him to the Dark Side by breaking the rotation, a complete inversion of BDA's original message
  • Convinced said guild to follow him to a different EQ server, abandoning years of hard-won pixels
  • Convinced said guild that they were one of the best guilds on said server despite obvious evidence to the contrary
Of course, as an engineer all of this hypocrisy drives me nuts. But it's truly an impressive level of persuasion. I wonder if he read The 48 Laws of Power ?
It's pretty amazing really. I never really thought about it like that but it's pretty true. Another good example is: "We're a casual guild" - I pointed out how stupid this was on many many occasions. I don't know if they just repeat how casual they are over and over again to justify the lack of performance or if it's because of Chest's deep hatred of the ultra hardcore guilds on P99 and wanting to distance himself from them by lying about being casual. Take it from someone who's been there. There's not a single "casual" aspect of BDA besides having lots of people playing poorly. I don't want to throw blanket statements on all BDA players because there's quite a few that are very good at the game and their class. But unfortunately the mediocre/subpar outweigh the good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troubled [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Post the unedited image if you want. I would myself if I had taken a screencap of it before I lost forum access. I don't have anything to hide in what I said.
Closed Thread