Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2019, 01:33 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Blue is like the p99 Plane of Knowledge.
I'd say it's more like the Plane of Tranquility, just high level toons porting from one raid encounter to another. With very little else.
Old 10-06-2019, 01:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Hefe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd say it's more like the Plane of Tranquility, just high level toons porting from one raid encounter to another. With very little else.
Only for people who choose to live inside that particular little bubble. I don't play that way, for one. I think of temple veeshan as a jail of sorts that people effectively lock themselves inside.

Danth
Old 10-07-2019, 10:37 AM
Skeleton

Excuse me that I didn't think it would be ridiculous to have multiple thoughts or plans at one time. Must have missed the other threads, thanks.
Old 10-07-2019, 11:18 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khaleesi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If the carebear list system was not implemented.
Great, so you're willing to pay out of pocket for a 24/7 support system, with both paid GMs and (since you can't pay them with free playtime) paid guides? Awesome! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Ok, not trying to be an ass, but hopefully you got my point: for our 100% volunteer support team /list is by far the most classic option. If you don't believe me, go read how GMs actually handled camp disputes on live: http://wiki.project1999.com/Kunark_E...ice_Guidelines (hint, they basically did /list, but relied on paid humans to enforce it).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khaleesi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's bad enough we're injecting more characters into Blue, with items that..hell I can't even finish this sentence. The more I try to reconcile this, the more I cannot even contemplate what the flying fu** they are possibly thinking.
I think the boogeyman you're imagining is a whole lot worse than reality.

Blue already has a million high level characters. Blue already has mana orbs and guises and such. Neither of those two facts has stopped me from having a blast for the past five years, and nothing about Green will change either one.

If anything Green will actually help what you're worried about. It's not the number of characters that makes a server feel busy, it's the number of players, and most players who play on Green won't be playing on Blue at the same time (and if they do they'll likely be off alone in a corner soloing). Blue will feel far less crowded when Green comes out.

Quote:
  • No silly systems
  • No custom content
  • Patch release match the time line of release
You just described Green (again, /list isn't "silly", it's classic).

Quote:
You said yourselves, blue is like a test server and for me that is in the same vein as Basilisk is for SWG EMU. It should be 100% independent of whatever Green does.

What happened to ...

#nochanges
#classic
#nochanges/#classic is Green, and the devs have been very clear about that for a very long time.

Blue has always been unclassic (or at least, imperfect classic), and it always will be. Once the devs have finished realizing their decade-long ambition to re-create real classic, I think it's selfish for anyone to say "you just spent a decade re-creating The Vision, and now have an almost perfect re-creation of it ... but you're not allowed to even try and expand a little on that 'Vision' you just spent a decade remaking ... on the old beta server, which has no reason to even exist now that the perfect Vision server is done".

Look, I have a toon on Basilisk just like I have a toon here (SWG was a great game ... although I haven't played him in forever). I wasn't even aware of any transfer policies one way or another there, and on both servers it literally does not matter to me if some players I will almost certainly never even interact with have some item I can't get that doesn't really matter (eg. a Guise).

It does suck to see someone with a BFG, elder beads, or mana orb, but you can still get all that if you really want. And again, Green will help with that: if you were bitter about your Blue character never getting a mana orb, Green increases their chances of acquiring one (not just five years from now, but even now the prices are likely lower as a result of Green's announcement). On the other hand, if it ruins your fun that some guy will be able to solo his cleric by mana orbing somewhere (in old world zones only) on Blue, in five years, because of Green ... why?

What I care about is having fun playing an old game (EQ or SWG). We're about to have two ways to do that here now: that's great for everyone, all around.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 10-07-2019 at 11:32 AM..
Old 10-07-2019, 11:36 AM
Planar Protector

Anxiously awaiting news of a beta test.
Old 10-07-2019, 11:40 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fammaden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Anxiously awaiting news of a beta test.
You mean...blue?
Old 10-07-2019, 11:41 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lojik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You mean...blue?
I mean:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Beta Server
We intend to hold a brief Public Beta as soon as the hardware is in place for the Green server.
Old 10-07-2019, 11:46 AM
Planar Protector

One of the devs said in Discord on Saturday that the parts came in for the beta server, Rogean just needs to set it it up.
Old 10-07-2019, 12:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathrydar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
One of the devs said in Discord on Saturday that the parts came in for the beta server, Rogean just needs to set it it up.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Don't forget to donate foks!

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Closed Thread