Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-13-2021, 04:18 AM
Sarnak

Torpor is the biggest thing for you, aside from that it wont matter much. Maybe nab a Fungi for the shammy if you don't already have.
Old 12-13-2021, 05:19 AM
Fire Giant

Thread full of people who aren’t helpful.

Join vanquish or riot.

You raid for 10 mins, occasionally. Pick up your spells for 1dkp. Instant help for epic spawns available.

It takes zero effort to get amazing raid gear, just popping on when schedules align. 80% of the people in both guilds have like statistically zero attendance. Still buy plenty of loot.
Old 12-13-2021, 08:37 AM
Banned

P99 were epics are sold at walmart (for In GaAMe cUreNcY) only and not by certain people for certain kinds of favors [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-13-2021, 11:26 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Join vanquish or riot.

You raid for 10 mins, occasionally. Pick up your spells for 1dkp. Instant help for epic spawns available.

It takes zero effort to get amazing raid gear, just popping on when schedules align. 80% of the people in both guilds have like statistically zero attendance. Still buy plenty of loot.
There is a bit of exaggeration in that post but there is also some truth to it, unless you just enjoy farming plats that much I would also save the 100k plat and get those shaman spells for free from a raiding guild.

The time investment is not that high and is well worth it.

Keep the plats to buy a fungi + cloak of flame and have fun making new toons.
Old 12-13-2021, 11:42 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Join vanquish or riot.

This isn't quite accurate. Torpor is still quite a rare spell. I have only seen it a few times during my time raiding. Honestly Child's Tears are more common. The problem with waiting for Torpor is your Shaman isn't very useful until he gets it. So yes, you could wait a few months and only attend Kunark raids like Trak, but that isn't a guarantee it will drop.

I would buy Torpor for the Shaman so you can farm faster. Save your DKP for things that can usually only be bought with DKP, and save a little DKP for a Child's Tear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Keep the plats to buy a fungi + cloak of flame and have fun making new toons.
If your Shaman has Torpor, they can camp Fungi or CoF[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] It's still better to get Torpor ASAP and then you can get great items/plat much faster while you are not raiding.
Old 12-13-2021, 12:08 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If your Shaman has Torpor, they can camp Fungi or CoF[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] It's still better to get Torpor ASAP and then you can get great items/plat much faster while you are not raiding.
I am aware I have a torpor shaman myself, and it still require a lot of time to farm 100k.

Torpor isn't that rare if your guild do VP, I've seen dozens.

That's coming from someone that bought torpor for 75k, I regretted it later on since I was raiding anyway and I could had it for free.

edit : Also shaman is always seen as the godlike farmer on these forums, but personally I've made A LOT more plats with my chanter and monk (hell even on my cleric). On those highend cash camp the mob are usually high level enough that it's a pain in the ass to slow, and you don't bring much dps especially if it's hard to land any spell.
Last edited by Sacer; 12-13-2021 at 12:15 PM..
Old 12-13-2021, 12:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am aware I have a torpor shaman myself, and it still require a lot of time to farm 100k.

Torpor isn't that rare if your guild do VP, I've seen dozens.

That's coming from someone that bought torpor for 75k, I regretted it later on since I was raiding anyway and I could had it for free.

edit : Also shaman is always seen as the godlike farmer on these forums, but personally I've made A LOT more plats with my chanter and monk (hell even on my cleric). On those highend cash camp the mob are usually high level enough that it's a pain in the ass to slow, and you don't bring much dps especially if it's hard to land any spell.
I also bought Torpor for 75k, and it wasn't hard to make that money back. Enchanters and Shamans are good at farming different things. The benefit to having both is you can adjust your farming strat based on what is currently being camped.

VP requires you to get your key, and not everyone wants to do that. Again, that would require the pre-requisite of getting your near-useless Shaman VP keyed, and then waiting for Torpor to drop.

It comes down to how patient you are, and how much you like to play your Shaman. Joining a guild and waiting for Torpor would save money in the short term, but keep your Shaman in limbo for however long that takes, which could easily be months.

Buying Torpor now would allow you to play your Shaman AND farm faster, so you would be making more money during that same period of time you were waiting for Torpor. I would say that is a better trade-off, unless you plan on never farming items again.
Old 12-13-2021, 12:36 PM
Sarnak

It's true I forgot about the VP key wich is a 20 - 30k investment, there is also the benefit of geting some nice shaman clickies like the hammer of the dragonborn but I digress.

At least OP knows it's a possibility and many people get their torpor that way.
Old 12-13-2021, 12:39 PM
Planar Protector

Get all shaman spells.

Shaman epic MQ.

Fungi.

Now all solo cash camps are yours to steamroll. Save for a Zlandicar's Heart. When you're bored of the shaman, buy a Z heart for your enchanter...its arguably better / more important than epic for solo enc.
Last edited by Toxigen; 12-13-2021 at 12:42 PM..
Old 12-13-2021, 01:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
It's true I forgot about the VP key wich is a 20 - 30k investment, there is also the benefit of geting some nice shaman clickies like the hammer of the dragonborn but I digress.

At least OP knows it's a possibility and many people get their torpor that way.
Agreed, it is good you mentioned the guild route. It is possible OP doesn't mind waiting, and I have known quite a few people who have gone that route. It is especially good if you DON'T currently have the money for Torpor. If you can farm plat AND join a guild, you have two paths to getting the spell.

Me personally I have never VP keyed my Shaman because the items in there just aren't that good for Shamans. The main reason to bring a Shaman to VP is to help the guild, but most top guilds have enough Shaman guild bots VP keyed. There are other classes who would be more beneficial to the guild VP keyed if you have more than one toon.

Robe of the Azure Sky is good for fashion I guess, but now that Velious is out Vindi BP is 100% better.

Crown of Rile isn't bad, but the best part about it is the restore fatigue component. There are better stat pieces in Velious for the head slot.

Yunnb's earring is a good mana piece, but you will often need to swap it for a better resistance piece (no MR on Yunnb's Earring), so you aren't wearing it all the time.

Shroud of Veeshan is a great stat piece, but suffers from no resistances, so it will be swapped out for resistances a decent portion of the time.

Spear of Constriction makes some mobs a bit easier, but I have yet to fight a mob that requires snare instead of just root. I have videos on the utility of snare on Shamans in my Youtube Channel.

Hammer of the Dragonborn isn't useful when soloing (Avatar is better and doesn't stack with Hammer Buff), and in raids I can count the number of times I have been asked for Hammer buff on two hands. In raids it is harder to justify the buff because of buff limits, and obviously anyone looking to maximize their DPS will prefer Avatar. Anyone who would want it for the STA is often times STA capped anyway by Velious.

Smoldering Cudgel is good for a melee swap when soloing, so it is good for making fights a bit faster. But I have never needed it to finish a fight.