Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 04-20-2022, 04:25 AM
Planar Protector

Old 04-20-2022, 04:39 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When I’m on my blue wizard and feel like porting I advertise ports as 30pp each (excluding planes). The funniest thing is the number of people that claim “they would have paid more” if i “wasn’t greedy” and advertised ports for free/donations [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If I'm on one of my 50+ characters, I tip 50p minimum for a port, and have tipped 100-200p if the porter is going out of their way (like picking me up from OT and they run from skyfire to get me). I do occasionally get someone saying something like this, and I just go, "ok" and tip them the 30 or whatever.

In general, I'm generous with my tips, but people that set a price get that price and no more. That's just me though. Overall, I'd guess you're correct to be skeptical. I was in DAP for a while when I was new to the server and the amount of cheap-asses is pretty high. Can't count the number of times someone would ask me to go pick up their "twink" from field of bone and then tip me 4 plat and 30 gold or some stupid shit.
Old 04-20-2022, 01:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoofers [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pro tip: if you throw all of your wearable gear in your bags you can get free ports by claiming you're on a corpse run.
My first long corpse run (think I died in FV but was bound in lavastorm) I ran all the way to the FP bank naked to pick up tip money, then ran all the way to the EC tunnel. I also always tip 1pp per my level

The porter didn’t accept the tip money, telling me CR’s didn’t need it. Almost kinda wanted them to at that point because otherwise it felt like I wasted my time running to go take the money out, but I didn’t push it

Tipping with a buff is cheap shit IMO. Money is always useful while a buff may not be, depending on what the porter planned on doing after. I also would always just buff literally anyone (warriors, monks, rogues, I don’t give a shit) with clarity when I passed them
Old 04-21-2022, 12:15 PM
Kobold

one time someone with a dain ring and sow sword didnt tip me D: