Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2013, 08:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kika Maslyaka [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
wasn't there also no spell book after lev 35 in classic/kunark era, way before it was removed completely?
yes, this is what i was trying to get at when said that most of us don't remember having to stare at the spell book during velious. it was still required in the game, but many of us had out lvl'd the need to do it by velious.
Old 08-19-2013, 10:23 PM
Sarnak

Damn so late ?, i didn't remember that.

Well i had great time leveling cleric with that book in my face. I remember trying to judge the number of frogs pulled by the sound of them haha.
Old 08-19-2013, 10:29 PM
Planar Protector

If you neckbeards want to stare at your spellbooks while medding, just do it, and leave the rest of us out of it =P
Old 08-20-2013, 12:24 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pringles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you neckbeards want to stare at your spellbooks while medding, just do it, and leave the rest of us out of it =P
Has nothing to do with personal taste...if Nilbog could figure out a way to make us do it then I think we would have it on here.
Old 08-20-2013, 09:49 AM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pringles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-20-2013, 10:09 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanable [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So if you had to look at the spell book, what happened in the velious UI?
The spellbook didn't totally cover the screen, depending on your resolution.
Old 08-21-2013, 03:12 PM
Project Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Might be possible to do something like.. if spellbook open, and player < 35, make the screen have blind effects (black), with the spellbook on top of it. Rogean had mentioned it might be possible. I do not think it will be possible to replicate the 'Meditate' button as it once was.

In August 2000, they removed the necessity of clicking the 'meditate' button while spellbook was open, and also removed the /meditate command. Meditating still required the spellbook to be open, prior to level 35.

Quote:
AUGUST 30, 2000

Opening your spellbook will automatically cause you to begin meditating providing that you have the skill.
Removed the /meditate command since it is no longer necessary.
Pre-35 spellbook meditating was removed altogether in 2002.

Quote:
MARCH 19, 2002

Spell casters no longer need to see their spell book when meditating. Once a character has the meditation skill, it will function when the character is sitting down.
That being said.. the ability to use a Velious or earlier UI would natively resolve the issue.
Closed Thread