Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-14-2013, 12:34 PM
Aviak

Default Generating PP (as in platinum)

First of all, I am greatly enjoying P99 after having discovered it this year. But now I have run into my old problem. I have always been terrible at generating income in MMOs for some damn reason, not just EQ. Anyone have some advice on where I can make some coin at lvl 20 (Cleric). I know the sisters camp in LFAY is decent IF you can actually get the camp, as it seems to be permacamped. Much appreciated yall.
Old 12-14-2013, 12:43 PM
Planar Protector

There's hundreds of millions of plat on p99. Just beg a 60 for like 100pp, buy only what you need and roll on?
Old 12-14-2013, 12:44 PM
Aviak

I started off on this server with nothing. Your best bet is to save what money you can for spells and level up. At about level 30 you'll start getting invites to camps that will drop loot you can either vendor or sell in EC. For example at around 30 you can get groups at the giant fort in Frontier mountains and giant drops can sell for 50p-100p. Later on you can go to City of Mist etc.

Point being, with higher levels income becomes easier.
Old 12-14-2013, 12:58 PM
Planar Protector

If you farm pixie dust in LFaydark and Gfay for me, I will pay you 150p per stack or 7p per dust.

Hop to it!
Old 12-14-2013, 12:59 PM
Planar Protector

loot EVERYTHING!
Old 12-14-2013, 01:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengala [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
First of all, I am greatly enjoying P99 after having discovered it this year. But now I have run into my old problem. I have always been terrible at generating income in MMOs for some damn reason, not just EQ. Anyone have some advice on where I can make some coin at lvl 20 (Cleric). I know the sisters camp in LFAY is decent IF you can actually get the camp, as it seems to be permacamped. Much appreciated yall.
Group up in Unrest, there's some bronze weapons that drop there as well as some low level EC sellables (bloodstained mantle etc).

Also check out the leveling guides for clerics on the P99 wiki, there's a good solo one there if you don't mind the downtime [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-14-2013, 03:25 PM
Sarnak

send me a pm i will hook you up
Old 12-14-2013, 04:51 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyryllis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
send me a pm i will hook you up
Old 12-14-2013, 05:20 PM
Sarnak

If you ever find yourself as a level 8 dark elf enchanter or L12 other race, try the Stein of Moggok quest for cash!

http://wiki.project1999.com/Exotic_Drinks

You will need to collect several ingredients for this recipe for success. Here's some homemade tips:

1. Kiola nuts. Buy several of them if you plan to run the Stein multiple times. I still have a nut banked at L56.
2. After you turn in Erud's Tonic for the book, buy another Kiss of Innoruuk to bank for the future.
3. Honeycombs are most easily looted in Kithicor Forest in the day time. Stick to the ranger cabin area and along the north wall. Get out by 8PM though, because that is when the ghoulies rise up.
4. Create a warrior who follows Rodcet Nife starting in Qeynos as a mule to get the Koalindl; dun mess up your own faction if you plan to run the Stein several times. It helps to get level 2 before going fishing. The fish in the middle of the temple pool is the easiest to catch, but if you go for the one along the back wall of the pool, watch our for the temple knights loafing around there.

If you've got a porting buddy, this trip can be made much faster; just be sure to give them a cut! You can rake in lots of cash this way. I currently don't offer a Stein for lower than 350pp. Monopolies are fun when they benefit my class!!
Old 12-14-2013, 08:26 PM
Sarnak

SuperBitsandBob on the ol' youtubes has a couple videos outlining him doing this quest. He's a good uploader.
Closed Thread