Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2018, 04:51 AM
Orc

Default Returning to Red / New-ish player

Hi folks.

So, I'm not as hyped about playing on Red as I once was when I first found P99, but there was a reason before that I had a 52 Cleric on Red and only a 12 Cleric on Blue... just trying to figure out why. I mostly know why, but I do have a question or two right now (ooc wasn't much help, but those that tried, thank you).

I have a 52 Cleric, and mained one on Live, so it would only take me a bit of time to get the hang of it again, but I'm not sure if I want to main a Cleric here. I got groups pretty easily prior, but I'm wondering about Necros / Druids on R99.

Druids: They fit in what I mostly want. Group support, solo ability if needed or don't have much time, never played one before which would be cool.

But... do they make any plat just from porting on such a small pop server? I'd like a class that can farm shitty gear for itself, or buy it with plat via porting and what not.

Necro: Had a 40-ish one on live way back. Fits what I want mostly as well, but much less desirable in groups. Can farm my own gear also, or plat for it.

Or should I just stick with my 52 Cleric, re-learn it quickly and maybe find a guild, and keep playing in shitty bronze equipment and rely on groups? I have only like 2kp, but I feel like I was saving for something when I last played... I forgot either way.

Anyways, thanks for any suggestions / info that could lead me to any answers.
Old 04-02-2018, 08:25 AM
Planar Protector

All 3 are good choices situationally. What I like to do is have a character in different level brackets so if there is a group running in Unrest or City of Mist you can log that character on.

Druids are good pvp and good for getting around, better for farming plat than gear but there's still camps you can do.

Necros are just good farmers generally. You'll still get groups as everyone wants a slice of the group XP modifier. Make an iksar if you do...if you can rough it to level 12 you can make it to 60 ez pz.

Maybe join Sanctuary with your cleric if you want to get in on some raiding action <3
Old 04-02-2018, 08:31 AM
Planar Protector

You might want 20 chars all level ranges if you want to maybe group on this server. Most people gain 75% of their levels solo or with there many boxes. Avoid joining any crews if you’re normal and employed. If you make it late game and join a guild just keep in mind some of the loot you get passed on might be going to someone 17th character.

Good thing is they cleaned up ooc and removed scum suckers from chat. Other than that have fun reliving EQ.
Old 04-02-2018, 09:04 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
All 3 are good choices situationally. What I like to do is have a character in different level brackets so if there is a group running in Unrest or City of Mist you can log that character on.

Druids are good pvp and good for getting around, better for farming plat than gear but there's still camps you can do.

Necros are just good farmers generally. You'll still get groups as everyone wants a slice of the group XP modifier. Make an iksar if you do...if you can rough it to level 12 you can make it to 60 ez pz.

Maybe join Sanctuary with your cleric if you want to get in on some raiding action <3
Ah Swish, I recall you from a couple years ago... gave me good advice then as well as now. I appreciate it.

It's a toss up between Nec/Dru. I'm familiar with necros as is. Not really concerned with PvP viability, hence Cleric... but porting myself/others, and Tracking are the 2 reasons I'm leaning towards Druid, and ability to get away easier I think if pvp happens... but I enjoy necros, just don't add much to the group compared.

Hmm... Sanctuary eh? Last I was around, TMO and Empire were the main guilds if I recall. Did either of them just change names / reinvent themselves? Believe I was in, or was going to join TMO (didn't want to join the flock).

Either way, appreciate the tip again.
Old 04-02-2018, 09:09 AM
Kobold

Join a guild, play the cleric, they will gear you up. You will be able to gear up alt toons easily once guilded, leveled, and geared.
Old 04-02-2018, 10:14 AM
Skeleton

i wouldn't worry about platinum. ime, the hardest part is finding what you want being sold. i don't think it's that people don't have every item in the game - it's just probably not worth their time to stop what they're doing to sell it.

i am rocking banded and a couple of vendor-bought items into my 30s - it's not too bad.
Old 04-02-2018, 12:52 PM
Sarnak

I have a ~50 cleric that is basically naked, hasn't made much difference at all besides the couple of times our group got ganked and I had to divine aura to zone then plug, lul
Old 04-02-2018, 02:50 PM
Fire Giant

lets get you an HS key, a Seb key and a chanter friend (me) and keep playing on your cleric for fun and free xp!
Old 04-02-2018, 06:27 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadlycupcakez [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lets get you an HS key, a Seb key and a chanter friend (me) and keep playing on your cleric for fun and free xp!
Well, my only fear right now is that I am rather rusty currently. Haven't played a cleric in a couple years, but I've been here before; only takes a night of play and I'd be good.

Maybe tonight, if not tomorrow night, I can give it a go and forget about an alt if people want another Cleric around.
Old 04-02-2018, 07:39 PM
Banned

There is only one guild to join and you can join it no matter how good or bad you are. It doesnt matter what class you play
Closed Thread