Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-23-2019, 01:43 AM
Decaying Skeleton

clickable from inventory?
Old 12-23-2019, 01:48 AM
Banned

this broke my heart on blue it got nerfed the week after i got it, anyone recall the eyepatched human in full rubicite who ran around rezzing everyone in blue vanilla? anyways he got away with having the mask for a long ass time and it was cool as hell
Old 12-23-2019, 03:14 AM
Banned

Nothing against p1999 devs, but I hope someday there's devs who will stop nerfing things that a large majority of the community enjoys. Just seems like its a trend in today's MMO's. The line between "fine, too good, and gamebreaking" is somewhat subjective but things shouldn't be nerfed unless its absolutely game breaking. The point is to have fun right? Don't be a Blizzard.
Old 12-23-2019, 06:36 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazek [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nothing against p1999 devs, but I hope someday there's devs who will stop nerfing things that a large majority of the community enjoys. Just seems like its a trend in today's MMO's. The line between "fine, too good, and gamebreaking" is somewhat subjective but things shouldn't be nerfed unless its absolutely game breaking. The point is to have fun right? Don't be a Blizzard.
There are plenty of other servers that like to do things like this. Heck, on Imperium you can click almost any clicky from inventory whether you're the appropriate class or not!

But if you're on p99, those are the rules they follow. Any deviation farther than they already do brings up more "selectively classic" gripes. I'd be happy if they even give this mask ANY time with the CoB click, honestly.
Never met a good quest he didn't have to do twice.
Old 12-23-2019, 06:42 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by soronil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Innoruuk humans also have the snare clicky but not sure if it's good enough to dictate the race. I mean... You could be a gnome cleric!! Or a halfling with hide/sneak.. what's a couple of clickys in the grand scheme?
The snare isn't one that lasts too long...you could do either part of a fear kite mana free I suppose, but I'd find the snare more useful if I had to pick one and I was an Inny human cleric [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Cool quest though, hell of a timesink by the look of it but would be fun to pick one up.
Old 12-23-2019, 06:44 AM
Planar Protector

I was excited about rolling an evil erudite cleric for this mask and other reasons, but I found out you can't even create a cazic-thule worshipping erudite cleric until Paineel comes out. So you have 2 months to level up your cleric to 40+ (at a level you could actually do the quest), do the quest, and then maaaybe a month left to enjoy it before it gets nerfed.
Old 12-23-2019, 11:34 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrocat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was excited about rolling an evil erudite cleric for this mask and other reasons, but I found out you can't even create a cazic-thule worshipping erudite cleric until Paineel comes out. So you have 2 months to level up your cleric to 40+ (at a level you could actually do the quest), do the quest, and then maaaybe a month left to enjoy it before it gets nerfed.
Evil Human Clerics could probably faction up by killing good Erudite NPCs.

As a good Erudite Cleric, I have to wait until Warrens before I can get the mask (unless I'm trashing my faction in Erudin, and I can't see myself doing that from an RP perspective), and that means it'll be the post-nerf click.

Then again I want the helmet anyway. Clicky Deadeye? SIGN ME UP
Old 12-23-2019, 11:50 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wenai [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No. It is a retroactive nerf. I actually did the quest on Blue's launch. Blue originally left in Paineel and the associated quests. My Erudite Cleric's mask is now Fear. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
On blue's launch it was a fear effect right? It was only corrected to be the bone spell when reported as a bug during early red99. I.E. did blue ever even have it without Fear?
Old 12-23-2019, 01:24 PM
Planar Protector

Blue server had it as call of bones for awhile. Yes theyre all retroactively nerfed. No it is not clickable from inventory. Had one on my eru cleric.
Old 12-23-2019, 03:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palemoon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
On blue's launch it was a fear effect right? It was only corrected to be the bone spell when reported as a bug during early red99. I.E. did blue ever even have it without Fear?
it was lich form for a long amount of time in blue vanilla
Closed Thread