Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2020, 11:40 AM
Planar Protector

A custom progression checklist to progress to the next zone.

So for example to leave Qeynos North, you need to kill the Klicknick queen. Or each of the named gnolls that run at the guards. Than to leave Qeynos hills you have to kill the two necromancers and the rabid grizzly, than you unlock surefall, then western Karannas, you cant leave western Karana till you down one or several named there etc... It could be made pretty balanced so it would be possible to progress without uneccissarily grinding out levels in a zone, this would gamify it and make it funner. This would also be neat in that starting as a dark elf would create a different set of progression options, and could even be further gamified by letting players chose which nameds they would kill for progression.

Just food for thought, i think the gameir of us probably get what I am getting at. It would be pretty cool to play a monk and progress by killing that named armadillo in N ro, or a paladin and killing the dark elf at the derv Dorn, or instead of progressing through N ro head to EC and progress by killing the named orc boss at orc 1.

Dark elfs could progress by killing that bard, or any one of those named hafllings. and then their options would be to unlock lavastorm, etc...

just food for thots.

lol this woiuld make a pretty awesome custom classic server idea *crazyeyes*

This is not about you secrets I am not begging u to make content for us lol. I actrually wasnt even thinking about u when i thought about this.
Old 04-14-2020, 08:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secrets [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Play EQ as a warrior, solo, untwinked to 60 and see how long it takes.

Alternatively, reach max Ally with the Blackburrow Gnolls.
k i hate u this would take only 44.44444444444444 hrs theoretically at maximum efficiency, though there is a 50% spawn chance on the wiki so perhaps that would be closer to 88.88888888 seconds

the math works out as 400x400 <<< there's a lot of this and also a lot of satanic 6x6 things going on in EQ math IMO

6:40 minutes = 400 seconds. -4000 to +4000 faction divided by 10, each faction hit in increments is 400. 400x400 = 160,000 seconds to max ally faction, assuming instant kills on a low lvl mob. 160000 ÷ 60 =‬ 2,666.666666666667 or 2666.666666666667 ÷ 60 =‬ 44.4 hrs.

Guess it would take 6 seconds or so to actually kill the mob every time assuming zero afks and perfect reaction time. So. 406x400 = 162,400 seconds for +4000 faction points. Assuming that is an every time spawn, we can double that for an average 'mean' spawn time, and we will have 324,800 assuming good luck and perfect 50% spawn at 400 spawns. And we will get 5,413.333333333333‬ minutes, or 90.22222222222222‬ hrs, or 3 days, and 18 hrs. Roughly to beat Gnoll Quest.

Now if only Lord Lord Elgnub had a quest to give us for investing that time [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Custom content for p99 blue??! <3

u said this game was a total waste of time ???
Old 04-14-2020, 08:49 PM
Planar Protector

Solo any class to 60 but you have to always wear boxing gloves IRL when playing.
Old 04-14-2020, 09:05 PM
Planar Protector

You can only make money through tradeskills and you have to level with stuff you buy, like lightstones, snake scales n teeth, loot rights for gnoll teeth, drolvarg canines, tessch scrolls.
Old 04-14-2020, 10:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
After playing this game for years and years.....I’m looking for suggestions on playing the game differently.

Kinda like how ALS has you leveling a character without using the ec market, I’m looking for similar alternatives to experiencing the game.

Some ideas I’ve come up with that sound fun...

-twink a new character up with a fungi and NOTHING else. Make them collect trash loot and save up for all the other pieces of gear. This would be fun because I could solo or group the character and still get the rewarding upgrade feeling as I leveled the character up.

-take my rogue through all the classic, Kunark, and velious dungeons on a solo assassination adventure. Taking screen shots and collecting loot. Seeing named mobs I’ve never seen and try my hand at dicey solo attempts.

Any other ideas? Or anybody else create a weird way to play EQ that was a little less traditional?
I always wondered what it would be like to run this game in reverse. So like flipping east to west.