Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-20-2021, 04:07 PM
Planar Protector

Default Wizard fix

Remove clarity from Enchanter and add to Wizard. This would at least give a group a reason to invite a Wizard. And tone down Enchanter slightly which most agree is OP.
Old 12-20-2021, 04:25 PM
Planar Protector

Great idea, but it's incredibly unclassic and will never happen.

However, proposed changes to charm (coming soon?) might make Enchanters a little closer to how they were in classic.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 12-20-2021, 04:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd argue that tinkering with the game is "classic". Never say never, devs already have tinkered with the game. Altered ZEMs is a good example of this. I'm sure others can chime in with other parts of the game that aren't "classic".
Old 12-20-2021, 04:41 PM
Sarnak

Old suggestion and non-classic. Hey I’d like theft of thought too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
However, proposed changes to charm (coming soon?) might make Enchanters a little closer to how they were in classic.
Isn’t this just wishful thinking? Is there any thread discussing this with staff weighing in?
Old 12-20-2021, 04:59 PM
Planar Protector

Both you guys say non classic but there are plenty of non classic things in game. It's pointless to say non classic in my opinion.
Old 12-20-2021, 05:20 PM
Planar Protector

The Enchanter toolkit is insane.

Clarity/aoe stun should've gone to Wizards.

Any form of root and mana sieve spells should've gone to Mages.

You could probably pull 4 entire spell lines out of Enchanter and redistributed them and they would still be pretty OP.
Old 12-20-2021, 07:33 PM
Planar Protector

I'll quote my own thought from a different recent thread rather than re-type the same thing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't think [adding clarity to the wizard] fixes much. Instead it'd simply turn the wizard into another class that people grudgingly invite because it can cast a single spell every half an hour, without actually raising its single-target damage per minute enough to make people genuinely want it for that role in a typical group. I don't like that type of band-aid effort to improve class desirability. There's too much of that already in EQ. The wizard isn't hopeless as-is. It already solos perfectly well via quadding and its group utility is acceptable with stuns, snares, and evacs. All it really needs is some kind of sustainable single-target damage source so that it can actually keep up with the other damage-oriented classes instead of constantly lagging down near paladin-level. Maybe it needed wizard-only wands through the level spread that could cast spells similar to the VP/Velketor click robes, or simply a dramatic mana efficiency improvement on [some of] its single-target spells. Do something like that and it's fine.

Of course, that type of alternation--minor as it may be--falls outside P99's scope.
Old 12-20-2021, 08:16 PM
Banned

I feed off class envy. It sustains me
Old 12-20-2021, 08:27 PM
Banned

Giving wizards a full manabar lay on hands would be cool. Usable once every 72 mins. Along with a doubly efficient harvest.

And bring their single target dds upto like 12 dpm at high lvl. Give them more single target stuns that land on mobs up to lvl 57 and are .5 seconds casts. Long enough stun so they can run a full 8 seconds lead. Give them a dd line with a blind component. Make that one half the dpm of the efficient line.

A hotkey instant blink or yonder.

Increase their rune strength by half again and also make them .5 seconds cast with slightly cheaper component costs than dots.

All that would bring them in line with how velious melees are tuned and give them solo toolkit options.
Old 12-21-2021, 12:21 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:

Says the guy who literally has barely ever played an enchanter yet goes around telling everyone that his memory of enchanters is the only correct one lol
Closed Thread