Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 01-11-2010, 08:30 PM
Skeleton

Default Possible Kindle spawn issue (sol a)

There may be an issue with the Kindle spawn in sol a. Normally there is a wandering goblin or Kindle that spawns and never skips a spawn.

I've been camping it on and off for the last week or so without issue, saw him a few times yesterday and came back today; however now it seems to be skipping spawns, with no encounters with the peskly little imp.

Based on my experience I'm guessing that the skipped spawns are actually when Kindle should be spawning but that's just a guess.
Old 01-11-2010, 08:45 PM
VIP / Contributor

Send a message via MSN to Wenai

Is there a group in the zone exping? They could be pulling the wanderer if you are not at the exact spawn point.
Old 01-11-2010, 09:40 PM
Skeleton

There were people in the zone but I never saw them in the area. I also never saw any mobs killed/pulled back by the inferno captain.
Last edited by Donfrow; 01-11-2010 at 09:42 PM..
Old 01-12-2010, 12:46 AM
Sarnak

Are you camping the room with the spiked trap gate and fake floor that falls to efreeti room? That's where kindle spawns here. I found it strange when I camped him because I thought he was supposed to spawn inside the cave close to the mouth of the cave, but he/ph always popped as they should.
Old 01-12-2010, 10:11 AM
Skeleton

Hmm, everytime I've seen him he's been inside the cave and I thought I saw him/ph pop there before but I could certainly be mistaken. If he is spawning by the fake floor to efreeti that could be the issue as there were people at the gnomes. This hasn't happened the other times people were there but it's not outside the realm of possibility and makes sense since I was not checking there.

If the issue is where he is spawning then he should spawn in 3 places in the Kindle area and wander. There are some posts from 2000 on Alla which support this:

"Kindle spawns in one of three places. Either in the Kindle room (the one with the shooting spears), right before the Kindle room, or right after the Kindle room (the room with the moving rock that comes down from the cieling). His placeholder is a random Goblin. He will immediately start to wonder back and forth, through the Kindle room. So, if you sit in the Kindle room doorway you can't miss him. Kisten for his flapping wings. The sound is either him or Singe.

I noticed that his placeholder seems to spawn every 30 minutes; unlike the other spawns which take 18 minutes. This should make him a little easier to recognize.

Easy to kill for a 44 mage. He has about 800 hps.
"

and

"Aye, exactly right about the spawning spots. I have seen his Placeholder spawn more often near the room past the Kindle room, between there and the outer part of the Captain's room.

There is only 1 placeholder, and that placeholder's spawn spot switches among the 3 places mentioned before.

However, I don't think that Kindle's PH has a longer spawn time. I always do the Captain's room along with Kindle's, because Kindle often heads into the Captain's room before heading to his own. Kindle or his placeholder spawns right in sequence with the others. Hehe, probably just SEEMS longer.
"

All found in comments here. I cannot find any posts on the actual loc of the spawn spots just the general area, though the descriptions make a lot of sense if you know the area.
Old 01-12-2010, 10:19 AM
Sarnak

On this server I've farmed him and exg/gabby simultaneously. He always spawned in the room with the fake floor and at the same timing as every other mob in the zone. I was always there waiting for him to spawn so I didn't have to hunt him down, and it never failed.
Old 01-12-2010, 12:29 PM
Skeleton

Thanks Dabamf. Assuming his spawn point remains the same I'll move up there now that I know he isn't spawning in the original area. Does it start pathing immediately on spawn in p1999 or does it sit around for awhile before moving?
Old 01-14-2010, 10:06 AM
Skeleton

The incorrect spawn point was definitely the cause of my confusion. PH/Spawns working as expected just not in the proper places.