Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 03-02-2023, 12:29 PM
Planar Protector

Default Flaming Sword of Xuzl pet

This pet was notoriously bad, so much so people would really hyperbolise how bad it was.

The pet on p99 matches the hyperbole than it actually performed, double attacking for just 22 per round and barely more than zero health. Classic sources however reveal the pet should be hitting for 52 per round, and have somewhere around 100-150 health.

The fact it is reported to typically hit in the 50s means either it has a 'high' base damage (so it hits for 50-52 damage) or simply had very high attack, so it was hitting close to max on pretty much any target. It is reported to do over 800 total damage in a fight and useful for kiting (so I suppose it doesn't effectively taunt).

I seem to recall reports that the flaming sword doesn't actually appear to flame, but I don't currently have evidence to substantiate that claim.

I copy this information found in the discussion on the wiki page, which in turn links to classes sources for these claims.

Damage per hit:

According to this archived post, the typical hit of this pet should be around 50, not 22 max.

Max health:

Same archive, hp should be around 100, not 1.

https://web.archive.org/web/20010208.../050989-7.html

posted 01-24-2001 accessed 01-18-2023

Further evidence from CRGaming:

HERES EXACTLY THE PET STATUS, By Azarod kurai'jinja (1/28/2001)

Heres what ive experienced! 1- Takes 700mana to summon( No components) 2- Pet doubles for 52, and has around 150hp 3- Pet CAN NOT be buffed or healed. 4- Pet will die as SOON as current target is dead. So overall this pet is extremly useful in duels, and very useful when kiting an important mob. It is very mana efficient since ive seen it do above 800 dmg.

But i still dont appreciate the fact that it dies after.

https://web.archive.org/web/20011217...ell.asp?Id=665

posted 01-28-2001 accessed 01-18-2023

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXX Dung

Old 03-03-2023, 03:53 AM
Planar Protector

I recall there was an uber guild (one of the main ones back in the day) where their wizard's pets were actually parsing very high damage due to these pets on high HP mobs. Think it was those brownies in PoG if I recall