Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 11-24-2009, 07:14 PM
Planar Protector

Well I fully expect the Alliance line of spells to get fixed first! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-24-2009, 09:02 PM
Fire Giant

Send a message via MSN to Jify

Quote:
Originally Posted by guineapig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When you're getting chased non-stop for pulling a mob using a level 1 spell and I loose 40% health before pet can gain agro, it's not "too easy". Well, that's how it goes with chanters anyway. At least now I can root without pet loosing interest which is great!

EDIT: Granted this doesn't happen all the time, just when I'm low on mana to begin with.
I think the devs added a few Murphy's Law equasions into the codebase. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Happens for mages too. I've pulled agro using Burst of Flame at lvl 49. (by pulled I mean cast it while staying 15ft away, and mob turns and starts chasing me!)
Old 11-24-2009, 09:58 PM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeolwind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, pet honestly shouldn't be capable of saving you from LHPA. I'll do some testing and see if I need to crank that amp to 11 in the DB...to coin a phrase.
It does look like turning up the volume would be a first shot at this.

Also, what I was seeing concerning aggro, if the person with aggro is low on HPs, the mob will still flee normally. I cannot remember exactly how live was concerning the amount of HP this started at, but if a player was below around 25% HPs, a mob that normally flees, would not flee if that low HP player is at the top of the aggro.

Haynar
Old 11-30-2009, 01:42 AM
Planar Protector

So things have changed slightly but it's still not 100% the way it should be. On numerous occasions this weekend when I was dealing with two mobs I would:

A. Pull the add away from my animation and root it.
B. Pet would continue fighting the first mob that hit me.
C. Once that mob is down to 1-5% and starts trying to hobble away my animation completely forgets about it and goes after the second rooted mob.

This is particularly bad when I'm low on mana to begin with and the nuke I have up costs like 150m to cast. I have to open the spell book and look for like my lowest level nuke just to do like 15 points of damage to the mob that my pet decided wasn't important anymore. I'm sure you can see how in an enclosed area this can turn pretty ugly very quickly.