Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 12-01-2009, 01:39 PM
Planar Protector

Right, Flash of Light does have a miniscule debuff component which might factor in somehow.

Danth
Old 12-01-2009, 01:45 PM
Orc

As Flash of Light is currently my most effective aggro-to-me machine, I am a bit wary of tinkering with its coding. Yes it could be even better at pulling hate, but the last thing I want to see happen is the return of potential train-causing 'fleeing' in dungeons that I saw on occasion back in '99.

Datante (mid 20s paladin)

Edit: Great analysis overall though everyone; thanks for bringing the topic up Danth. Paladins rock!
Old 12-01-2009, 01:51 PM
Planar Protector

Oh, I absolutely WANT to see it pull trains when used improperly, that's what balanced out the spell--insane, unmatched aggro (except by disease cloud spamming) at the price of risk in the event that you get knocked out of melee range somehow. In particular we Paladins should be terrified of using this spell against mobs which do things like Grav Flux and other such knock-back spells.

Disease Cloud has its own drawback; as a DOT, it renders the SK unable to use Feign Death.

Danth
Old 12-01-2009, 01:57 PM
Orc

A knock-back out of melee range (such as from TTs in Najena) still causes erratic pathing by the mob when flashed (as it should). My concern is when a flash causes a flee when you are standing right next to the mob in melee range, as seemed to happen on occasion in Live.

Danth that is pretty interesting with SK DoTs preventing a good feign death. Just out of curiosity, is any DoTd mob 'immune' to an FD?
Old 12-01-2009, 02:00 PM
VIP / Contributor

Send a message via MSN to Wenai

They aren't immune to FD .. the problem is that as soon as you stand up, your DoT is going to hit another tic and then your aggro will refresh. You need to make a dash for the zoneline. Somehow. So if you are in a dangerous area with no chance of zoning. Your choices are:

a) wait for it to wear off
b) continuoulsy inch your way to a zoneline
c) /q out

The issue with /q'ing out is I think there may be a bug where /q cancels your FD. I can't confirm this 100% but perhaps someone could test it as it may be a bug.
Old 12-01-2009, 02:11 PM
Planar Protector

"as seemed to happen on occasion in Live."

I believe this happened due to lag and positions not updating correctly. At any rate, I only ever saw that happen when the above symptoms were taking place. Nonetheless, I do agree that the mob-wanders-erratically blind effect is close to what it should be in its current form on P1999; so as to not be misunderstood, if it's off, it's only off a little, not by much. The aggro, on the other hand, makes me want to put my fist through my monitor at its relative ineffectiveness.

Danth
Old 12-01-2009, 02:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
"as seemed to happen on occasion in Live."
The aggro, on the other hand, makes me want to put my fist through my monitor at its relative ineffectiveness.

Danth
Whoa there! Relax. Look at the kittens [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The one on the left is named Philip. Look at Philips eyes.