Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 01-28-2010, 01:57 PM
Kobold

Default Feign Death

In classic all the way through Velious I am 100% sure you could sell while FD. Is there a reason this isn't working on this server?
Old 01-28-2010, 02:05 PM
Kobold

Evidence? Proof? Anything more than just your 100% assurance?
Old 01-28-2010, 02:17 PM
Kobold

Clearly, he was a Witness to these occurances.
Old 01-28-2010, 02:18 PM
Sarnak

http://eq.stratics.com/content/statistics/faction/

Monks - Sneak, Feign Death. Sneak works the same as for rogues, Feign death will also raise your faction to indifferent, but I've heard they may be changing this.
Old 01-28-2010, 02:42 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by drplump [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
http://eq.stratics.com/content/statistics/faction/

Monks - Sneak, Feign Death. Sneak works the same as for rogues, Feign death will also raise your faction to indifferent, but I've heard they may be changing this.
TY for the proof, I thought this was a widely known tool so neglected to post proof. There it is though ^^
Old 01-28-2010, 02:45 PM
Planar Protector

So wait, is the question about the faction? Or about being able to sell while FD?

Is FD treated like sitting or medding on this server?
Old 01-28-2010, 02:51 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by guineapig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So wait, is the question about the faction? Or about being able to sell while FD?

Is FD treated like sitting or medding on this server?
I'm not sure what you're asking lol. In classic through velious you could FD near a scowling merchant, which makes you indifferent, and you could sell. On this server when you try it says you are unable to perform this at this time or something similar.
Old 01-28-2010, 02:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witness [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not sure what you're asking lol. In classic through velious you could FD near a scowling merchant, which makes you indifferent, and you could sell. On this server when you try it says you are unable to perform this at this time or something similar.
What I mean is that going from scowling to indif is not the same as being able to sell to the merchant.

I can use troll illusion and sit down next to a troll merchant and he wont bother me..... But until I stand up I cant sell to him.

So I'm just wondering if FD is treated like sitting in these situations.
Old 01-28-2010, 02:57 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by guineapig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What I mean is that going from scowling to indif is not the same as being able to sell to the merchant.

I can use troll illusion and sit down next to a troll merchant and he wont bother me..... But until I stand up I cant sell to him.
again, I'm still not sure what you are talking about. The issue is not the faction of the mob.

All I'm saying is in classic you could FD and sell to a merchant that you otherwise couldn't sell to. That's all that I'm talking about [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Edit: It seems FD IS being treated like sitting atm, which is incorrect. You should not be able to regen mana like you are sitting (I'm not sure if you do) and you SHOULD be able to sell to a merchant.
Old 01-28-2010, 03:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witness [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Edit: It seems FD IS being treated like sitting atm, which is incorrect. You should not be able to regen mana like you are sitting (I'm not sure if you do) and you SHOULD be able to sell to a merchant.

The big difference (from a caster point of view), is that if you open the vendor window first, you can sit down while selling but you can't open the vendor window while sitting. I should have been more specific.

Maybe it's just that you should be able to keep the vendor window open while FD? But you have to open the vendor window before you FD? This is where faction would come in to play.

This can easily be done with a friendly vendor but with a scowling vendor you can't get the window open till you are indif and you can't be indif till you fd..... you get the idea.

(I admit this is sounding very confusing)