Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2020, 10:21 AM
Sarnak

And once again, Magi falls again to farm team camped out in zone this morning.
Old 05-04-2020, 10:33 AM
Planar Protector

One of these days we'll have a nerd who is invested enough to write an anti camp spy bot to monitor how these magi kills are going down.
Old 05-07-2020, 01:29 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwideon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And once again, Magi falls again to farm team camped out in zone this morning.
Eliashib / Lothisu et al ?
Old 05-08-2020, 08:41 AM
Kobold

Default Magi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Eliashib / Lothisu et al ?
/nod, would be nice if Galach and crew would just put all your worries to rest. I'd recommend doing a /who every 5 seconds when you see a Magi spawn.

Side note the drop rate on the staff is way to rare. Can't remember what Inny's drop rate was but currently Magi drops staff like 1 out of every 15-20 kills.
Old 05-08-2020, 04:26 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Yeesh.....honestly had no idea how unrealistically rare the Earth staff is on P99. It was an expensive MQ back in the original, but 1million plat is pretty obvious RMT territory. Sort of makes one wonder why this hasnt been addressed by the Devs.
Old 05-27-2020, 06:20 PM
Sarnak

Gnomish Greetings!

Well, it took my 11th Magi to drop the staff for me. And, yes I still believe this needs to be addressed for future Magicians.

A very special Thank you to Kittens Who Say Meow for hanging in there and chasing Magi spawns at 5:00 AM in the morning and late night when sane people sleep! To all who answered that call dozens of times, /bow. I am a very grateful gnome to have you all as guildmates!
Old 05-30-2020, 07:54 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lammy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I forget my exact count, but I've killed Magi close to 20 times with no staff.

I beat EQ never getting my epic for this poor gnome.
I'd estimate my kill count to be approximately the same. The epic was the sole reason I chose to start as a mage when I began playing on P99. Sadly, I had no idea at that time that the staff was the utter disappointment it is currently. I've largely given up on my mage because it feels like there is little hope of getting this item. Though I did for a time, I can't continue to sit on a tracker in Hate and in the off chance I find him, try to get a force together at often weird hours of the day (4-6 am) while maintaining any semblance of hope or enjoyment when I go ~20 kills with 0 drops. It should be noted that my count of 20 are those kills specific to me and not others I helped. Even in those kills to help others - I'd estimate an additional 10+ kills - I've never seen the staff.

For the reasons mentioned, rarity and MQability (resulting in a RMT camp), I've mentioned for years now that this needs to be revised in some manner.
Old 05-30-2020, 11:04 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwideon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Gnomish Greetings!

Well, it took my 11th Magi to drop the staff for me. And, yes I still believe this needs to be addressed for future Magicians.

A very special Thank you to Kittens Who Say Meow for hanging in there and chasing Magi spawns at 5:00 AM in the morning and late night when sane people sleep! To all who answered that call dozens of times, /bow. I am a very grateful gnome to have you all as guildmates!
Congratz on your epic! I hope to someday complete the epic on my mage!
Old 05-30-2020, 04:53 PM
Planar Protector

Why is RMT being continuously brought up? Don't you guys think the staff monitors staff drops closely enough for said RMT? What idiot would pay what would amount to thousands of dollars for what will inevitably get him permabanned sooner or later.
Old 07-07-2020, 06:56 AM
Large Bat

I've just quit playing my mage, to depressing knowing I'll never get my epic. I rerolled as a cleric and completed my epic in 7 days. My mage grows dust in character select.
Closed Thread