Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 05-04-2020, 05:09 PM
Planar Protector

Default Bash from rear vs. fleeing mob almost never stuns

Always stunned (i.e. 100% when you hit) on live back in the day, and used to work here, why is this broken now?

Also, mobs stun 10%-20% from rear when NOT bashing (i.e. bite, hit, slash, & etc.) which NEVER happened on live.
Old 05-16-2020, 01:57 PM
Planar Protector

Gonna add that I've had mobs bash me from behind, hitting for damage, and not stun which is also incorrect. AND, I have gotten an occasional (5% to 10% chance) stun with a non-bash attack from rear, which never happened in years of play on live (happened a lot here a few years back, but you guys fixed that). Seems attacks from rear are not resolving stun chance correctly at all for player chars or NPCs.

Bash from rear was all a soloing sub-22 Paladin had to slow a runner, I was very reliant on this mechanic back in the day as I enjoyed playing Paladin up from scratch on new servers and did it several times.

Pulling from melee range also, wait for mob's initial attack round (which might include a bash) then turn to run with a fair few seconds grace before a stun was possible when mob's secondary attack recycled. This is f'd up now with the screwy random stuns from non-bash attacks.
Old 05-16-2020, 03:28 PM
Planar Protector

In-era post about this just because I was curious:

Quote:
2/17/00

In addition Bash/Slam stuns the target close to 80% from the rear, whereas
from the frost Bash/Slam seldom stun. (Yes, this is why you get stunned so
much when you are pulling/fleeing).

https://groups.google.com/d/msg/alt....0/HJ_CDniDmKsJ
Stunning blows from behind, though, have been in since beta days I think. Here they are in the January 1999 beta patch notes afaict:

Quote:
1/05/99 12:30pm
----------------
The follow changes and bug fixes have been made with the new patch;

- Increased chance to be stunned when being pursued.

https://wiki.project1999.com/Beta_Pa...uary_5.2C_1999
Last edited by Dolalin; 05-16-2020 at 03:51 PM..
Old 05-17-2020, 02:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Gonna add that I've had mobs bash me from behind, hitting for damage, and not stun which is also incorrect. AND, I have gotten an occasional (5% to 10% chance) stun with a non-bash attack from rear, which never happened in years of play on live (happened a lot here a few years back, but you guys fixed that). Seems attacks from rear are not resolving stun chance correctly at all for player chars or NPCs.

Bash from rear was all a soloing sub-22 Paladin had to slow a runner, I was very reliant on this mechanic back in the day as I enjoyed playing Paladin up from scratch on new servers and did it several times.

Pulling from melee range also, wait for mob's initial attack round (which might include a bash) then turn to run with a fair few seconds grace before a stun was possible when mob's secondary attack recycled. This is f'd up now with the screwy random stuns from non-bash attacks.
Dolalin linked the why it was put in however the actual numbers ie 10% chance stuns from rear due to non-bash is based on tons of logs from in era. Probably from Torven if I had to guess.
Last edited by Pringles; 05-17-2020 at 02:30 PM..
Old 05-17-2020, 11:08 PM
Planar Protector

eh, so i'm a crabby old man with a shit memory, but I am getting at best 10% stuns from rear with bash, so it's broken by any measure
Old 05-18-2020, 01:28 AM
Planar Protector

It does seem like the chance to stun from the rear with bash is too low, having been playing a warrior on green.