Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2014, 04:01 PM
Aviak

ok, so I got it up and running, but now it's saying my project files are out of date. Any suggestions?
Old 08-28-2014, 06:43 PM
Aviak

I figured it out! Up and running. Now just need to decide what class/race to be.
Old 08-28-2014, 07:03 PM
Aviak

My random dice selected Barb Warrior for you
Old 08-28-2014, 07:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xorekle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My random dice selected Barb Warrior for you
NOICE GIF!

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-28-2014, 07:40 PM
Aviak

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I might have stole it from someone...
Old 08-28-2014, 07:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithjinternet [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I figured it out! Up and running. Now just need to decide what class/race to be.
Well this will show you what is being played and what is not so much. The current stats are roughly the same. Mostly just play what you want, but a few classes take some serious dedication to get towards cap, at least for now until Vel is released.

There are no gear quests at starting levels, if that matters to you (mostly none, some in the teens depending on race/class such as dwarf cleric). For players starting out and feel they need better gear to start, I usually suggest running the Going Postal quest out of Felwithe (elf bard towards the bank) to Kelethin (bard guild). From lvl1-lvl5 it can turn about 50pp well enough to buy leather armor from the vendor (+ spells) or some heavier armor from players coming back from unrest (mostly small armor). The quest still gives good xp and coin (random 1-11 a run) to lvl8-10 if you can stand all the running hehe, though mobs worth fighting along the rout.
Last edited by Daywolf; 08-28-2014 at 07:46 PM..
Old 08-28-2014, 08:07 PM
Banned

Im gona offer my insight and how I feel each class broadly fits and plays and is reacted to by the player base leveling from 1-50ish - These are my opinions and in no way represent anyone elses! The class % link inspired me to write this [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Warrior - Pretty much always great, but if you have one in your group your hesitant to get a second, unless you're grinding and have an open spot - the war is invited.

Cleric - Always great but you really only need one, however when someone is maintaining a group they may try to schedule you to fit in to replace them. You'll get random tells to join groups all over Norath if you keep anon off - you can make a few k plat when you get 90 rez until you decide its not worth it and stay Anon from then on only helping rez people for fun.

Paladin - not always welcome in groups, you'll have to make your own way as this class and it is a struggle. I feel like most lvl 60 ones I know are like mentaly.. not all there, like they are... kinda weak minded... idk that's just my experience.

Ranger - As hard or harder to get into a group than Paladin - I consider this class to be hard mode. You can get some gear fairly cheep in raids because there arn't many high level ones and you can moderately gear the character out for 3-6k

Shadowknight - another hard mode class, you will feel under powered and want to roll a new class later on. Or be dedicated to the craft and RP your way to happiness.

Druid - you can make good money doing ports! its cool, outdoors, make your own way and you have the spells to do it! If you try to dungeon crawl, people be like, wut? and will try to pass on putting you in the group more often than not.

Monk - baller, great class, super welcome in groups. But at a cost. You are not unique at all, and gearing can be a little more expensive. However you will get invited to the groups at 50+ that drop the big papa cash so if you do it, you're not going to regret it.

Bard - the class people leave groups over. You can solo to 60 but your brain will be an oozzy mush pile by the time you get there. You can powerlevel well and make good plat! but you really have to work hard on your persona and reputation if you want to get into the good groups. Do not expect random tells for group invites.

Rogue - awesome class, not wanted all the time, but always welcome. You can help get into some key spots at end game that make you a good class to get some /rand plat and also very welcome at raids!

Shaman - one of the best plat making classes at the end of the game - welcome in groups even during your 30's you can have 2 in your group and feel OK about it. Decent DPS at that level and heals. Its like a good backup plan.

Necromancer - mysterious and not often in groups, Much solo, independent, class doesn't even want you to cast C on them. Total hermit class if oyu want it to be, but a welcome one in groups! However if your group wants to dwindle its numbers so less people /rand on the good stuff, they may set their sights on you first.

Wizard - I don't even know, I've never grouped with one onp99.. well maybe once. Who knows, all I know is that this class can solo alright, and will just Chardok AoE to 60 and then wish they made a different class, or keep it parked at raid spots and then roll a second toon.. Unless the fricking love it and stay dedicated to it. Raid guilds definitely want some wizards up in their bitch.

Magician - like wizards, welcomed into raid guilds, some solo, weird tactics, weird stuff.. to be honest I dont know much about them. Im glad they exist though (haste masks!) also the plane of fear robe is really cool looking.

Enchanter - Hard mode but powerful solo. This class can be the best at gearing and getting plat from 35-55 but once you hit 60 its arguable (and my opinion) that a shaman can out pace you in plat drops. You can solo and dig around in dungeons all over the place and have fun if you want to explore EQ, but its a very tiring class to play. Hard to Afk cus if you do your pet will have killed you seconds after you stood up. Tough class, but rewarding.
Closed Thread