Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 05-17-2016, 09:59 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Leveling Areas at 20

Hey All,

I recently rolled a shaman and have been enjoying myself thoroughly. However, I've kind of seem to hit a void of groups at 20. I spent some time in Oasis, but the crowds and the XP seem pretty sub-par.

I've been hanging around Uguk but front end camps there don't often have groups coming together.

I've heard that a lot of people head to unrest/MM, does anyone have any other suggestions for a shaman at 20? I'm looking for either soloing or group options.

Thanks!
Old 05-17-2016, 10:10 AM
Fire Giant

http://wiki.project1999.com/Evil_Shaman_Solo_Guide
Old 05-17-2016, 10:10 AM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekki1082 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey All,

I recently rolled a shaman and have been enjoying myself thoroughly. However, I've kind of seem to hit a void of groups at 20. I spent some time in Oasis, but the crowds and the XP seem pretty sub-par.

I've been hanging around Uguk but front end camps there don't often have groups coming together.

I've heard that a lot of people head to unrest/MM, does anyone have any other suggestions for a shaman at 20? I'm looking for either soloing or group options.

Thanks!
I am a fan of South Karana around that level - I think you can do elephants and aviaks. I think East Karana hounds may be doable as well.
Old 05-17-2016, 10:36 AM
Kobold

If you are able to make it to kunark, there's always groups in warsilks woods Fort, or loio. Great duo spots if you can find a melee to group with too. You can even rock Kurn's until 22-23 to take advantage of the zem and make a little Plat.
Old 05-17-2016, 10:40 AM
Banned

Mistmoore pond until level 24 and then High Keep until level 31. At 31 you can go back to Mistmoore and camp the castle entrance until 40. 40-50 CoM lower levels...50+ there are many options for a shaman, but solo/duo clearing out the upper floors of CoM with your epic is fantastic XP and basically the best camp in the game that I have come across. I am currently doing CoM on my necromancer with a shaman friend and its some of the most fun I have had on P99.
Old 05-17-2016, 11:05 AM
Orc

If you'd like to go a very unconventional solo/duo route, go to the Gorge of King Xorbb (beholder's maze) and kill mud men, minotaurs, and evil eyes, and avoid killing the goblins. Eventually the faction from the muddies, minos and eyes will get you friendly with the Pickclaw that now run the Runnyeye Citadel. Then when you hit your upper 20s or low 30s if you choose to level up in the misty thicket off of halfling deputies you can use the Goblin's as your base of operations to sell and bank.
Old 05-17-2016, 07:06 PM
Fire Giant

You can do Mistmoore from 24-40

24-30 Pond
30-34 Graveyard
34-40 Castle Entrance/Court Yard

You'll want to come back later to take out the Advisor, which will spawn the Black Dire, which is part of the Shaman epic.
Old 05-17-2016, 08:02 PM
Fire Giant

At 20 I went to The Overthere low level side by Warsliks Woods, tons of blue con pathing cactuses, tigers, and more.. Im twinked but I imagine most people will be just fine, pull to safe hill if needed.

Other option would probably be South Karana.
Old 05-17-2016, 09:43 PM
Aviak

Sola or UGuk are nice also.

Here is a nice ZEM sheet, scroll to the bottom: ZEM Sheet
Old 05-18-2016, 01:46 AM
Fire Giant

You can also solo in HPH and UGuk until you find a group.
HPH: 20-24 Root rot the orcs...use corners to med while rotting casters. Train to zone or guards as needed.
UGuk: 24+ Root rot the scryer camp. You can leave the shaman on the ledge alone and just do the 3 in the room and the 2 just outside. Alternatively, you can go down the ramp and kill the ones in the hallway.
*Source: I leveled my shaman this way. I would solo and just invite anyone in my level range to join me. It's a good way to find a static set of friends with similar play times.
Closed Thread