Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-24-2016, 02:01 PM
Fire Giant

Play the game however you want to play it.

The beauty with everquest in a sense you can do whatever you like,

You can be a raider,
Be a Farmer,
Be a person of Tradeskills,
Be a Trader,
Be a Quester
Be an ignorant bastard and solo to 60.

The choice is yours.
Old 08-24-2016, 02:19 PM
Aviak

Some people find dick mutilation to be fun. If that's their thing, great. It isn't for me and I have no place to judge them. It doesn't affect me until they start trying to kick me in the balls.

Personally I've had and continue to have great fun doing the group game with friends on here. I've played all of Live, multiple TLP servers, just about every EMU server, and in the end there really isn't a server around that offers what P99 does in terms of a well polished "old school" experience.

If you're in this to raid and poopsock and look down your nose at some scrubby geared casual that has fun here and think he hasn't succeeded, then you're wrong. If you're some scrub casual that thinks the high end raider with a massive pixel bulge hasn't succeeded, again, you're wrong too. It goes both ways.

Stop judging others and focus on your own agenda. If you can't enjoy this server for what it is, just stop playing. It really is that simple.
Old 08-24-2016, 02:45 PM
Planar Protector

You don't succeed in Everquest. It's only a matter of how long you can keep from losing and whether or not you enjoy it ^^
Old 08-24-2016, 03:02 PM
Kobold

When playing a 17 year old game, using 10 year old client, modified to play on a fan-made custom server that attempts to duplicate the game conditions from 16 years ago, the definition of success is simply logging into the game world and experiencing the nostalgia you were seeking.
Old 08-24-2016, 03:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When playing a 17 year old game, using 10 year old client, modified to play on a fan-made custom server that attempts to duplicate the game conditions from 16 years ago, the definition of success is simply logging into the game world and experiencing the nostalgia you were seeking.
Yep
Old 08-24-2016, 03:14 PM
Fire Giant

Enjoy the game. Look at this thread, I dont understand why 90% of these people post or play, they seem constantly miserable and rustled. Keeping our guilds small, tight, no expectations has been the formula for our clique playing the game for so long. We can't do top end dragons because of this, and we're okay with that
Old 08-24-2016, 03:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
nail on the head

for some its raiding. for others its being bad
Old 08-24-2016, 03:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainswjr [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Saying "Man, that was fun!" after a long session. When the game feels like a job you need to put in some hours for, you're losing.
Having a job is very important for a person's sense of self. I suppose for those unable to work, being able to play EQ as if it were a job could possibly boost their self esteem in a similar way [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].
Old 08-24-2016, 03:31 PM
Kobold

Success in EQ?
It's pretty subjective. IMHO having fun, revisiting or seeing parts of the game you never got to see when it was live. Learning and mastering a new class. Helping out another player.
It's a great big sandbox. The only way to measure success is to look at it from your own perspective.
Old 08-24-2016, 03:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by indiscriminate_hater [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey look it's another person telling other people how to enjoy a game. OP are you that rustled by people who have more than you that you have to create a thread which starts off trying to generate discussion, but ends up just being an outlet for you to insult a large part of the server population? Do you realize how silly it is that you're stating your opinion and then preemptively shitting on others opinions.

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Closed Thread