Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2014, 11:56 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by STOP CHEWIE NOOOO [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
boooo teams r for bad players booooooooooo
You could take your team to the top, Chewie.

Red99
Old 02-23-2014, 11:59 AM
Planar Protector

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by STOP CHEWIE NOOOO [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
pass, not immersive enough
More like you're scared.

Red99
Old 02-23-2014, 12:00 PM
Fire Giant

but then you'd have an RP reason for never going 3 zones from grobb
Old 02-23-2014, 12:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
whos squire
Some bluebie with a big mouth.

Red99
Old 02-23-2014, 12:24 PM
Skeleton

you know what other games have teams pvp? wow and starwars. have at it, teams fans

ffa is better because if someone's attacking you, it's not because the game is pushing them to do it. they're attacking you because they want to, and they're willing to accept the consequences for it. that's 1000x more interesting than "i do what the game tells me to do"
Old 02-23-2014, 12:51 PM
Planar Protector

teams sounds fun man, I mean were getting so much PVP on the red server as it is, lets lower it by 33%, add first to engage rules for same team PVE and camp disputes.

Not only we'll split the servers population in half or more! Sounds great, cant wait.
Old 02-23-2014, 01:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nizzarr [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
teams sounds fun man, I mean were getting so much PVP on the red server as it is, lets lower it by 33%, add first to engage rules for same team PVE and camp disputes.

Not only we'll split the servers population in half or more! Sounds great, cant wait.
Blue server's population is insane for an emulated game. We need to get as blue as possible while still sticking to our PK roots, if we're to have people to play with. I'm all for camp disputes here.

Red99
Old 02-23-2014, 07:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tradesonred [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think if a teams server opens up, it will split the population in half, the teams server being much harder to pull off than a FFA one will result in a disaster and both servers will ultimately be fubared for good.
Protect dem pixels. Like R99 isn't already fubar'd?
Old 02-23-2014, 07:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nizzarr [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Awe you're not gonna play teams, Nizzar? Guess that means we'll only have 699 on launch instead of 700. Have a grand ole tyme on Dead99 after teams launches.
Old 02-23-2014, 07:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faerie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What do you guys think this means? From Alecta thread:

Are the servers to be merged into one another (copies on both)? Is the plan to continue along with 2 pvp servers and the one blue server?

The best route to go imo would be to merge blue and red into a 4 level +/- pvp server, and then a week or two later release teams starting with no expansions, no copies or transfers. This way we'd end up with 2 decently populated pvp servers, which would both be objectively better than the blue server.
To answer OP, dev team needs to determine in advance how it will work if Red99 is merged into Teams99 or vice versa. The determination as to which of those scenarios will actually take place is tbd, based on how successful Teams99 is.
Closed Thread