Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2014, 07:47 PM
Planar Protector

Red99 better than ever FYI
Old 02-23-2014, 08:43 PM
Aviak

What exactly would make teams better than the current red server? I remember the teams rule set from live but can't figure out why that would make it better than FFA pvp. Honest question as I haven't read anythint about the proposed teams server.

Nika - Enchanter
Old 02-23-2014, 09:00 PM
Fire Giant

i think a built in support network for new and lowbie players would make the server more attractive to a wider group of players than an ffa ruleset. it would partially curb single guild hegemony and even encourage more pvp than raid contest pvp alone with a zone control system. there is also that aspect of "team pride" that people get off on, in addition to guild accomplishments. not everyone is going to be raiding end game Velious shit, but enjoy making sure the "Shorties" or "Evils" or whatever are holding their own.

likewise, a teams dynamic brings a little more to the table to differentiate the red server from blue, currently many more timid blue players view red as the same as blue, but with an abysmally low pop + someone can Harmtouch them when they're fighting a puma, then call you a faggot and thus decide to simply opt out. a hard coded teams with initial language barriers system makes the red server more distinct in terms of mechanics and mitigates verbal toxicity at least until one mastered opposing team languages at higher levels should one so desire if at all depending upon implementation.

also along the lines of server distinction is item loot, a concept the devs said they wouldn't implement on an existing server, but would on a fresh one. i think you'd be surprised as to how many blue players would play an item loot server instead of the current system just because it makes the servers more different.

the economy and viability of obtaining certain gear considering cross-team trading has been implied would be disabled would make teams99 even more different, likewise is certain teams are barred the use of certain classes (Perhaps no bards, or no shaman, or no unstunnable warriors for all guilds) raids will even be different to a certain extent. If nothing else, new servers bring new blood. People love the rush for guises and mana stones, ideally with 2+ years of PvP beta out of the way and kinks worked out you'd see a higher level of player retention.

If this server ever happens, that is.
Last edited by Squire; 02-23-2014 at 09:31 PM.. Reason: english.
Old 02-23-2014, 09:40 PM
Aviak

I'd think it would split the population even more. Couple hundred people split between three factions. The top current red guilds, if say they all switched, would have to choose different factions otherwise top pve would look like blue pve.

Nika - Enchanter
Old 02-23-2014, 09:45 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekkojakk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd think it would split the population even more. Couple hundred people split between three factions. The top current red guilds, if say they all switched, would have to choose different factions otherwise top pve would look like blue pve.
I've heard this a lot, mostly said by those who already have a lot invested in red99 and don't want another server at all least it threaten their gains, which I understand.

Those same people, however, wouldn't dare miss out of being the first to slay Naggy, or be the first level 50 Druid or whatever on a new server either.

A lot of these same people likewise log on only to down a named. I think the difference is once said named has been downed on red (which they won't abandon, if they didn't when the pop was at 20 then, then won't when its at 20 again) they'll log back into Blackburrow on teams.
Old 02-23-2014, 10:41 PM
Aviak

Firstly, I'm new here. Level 20 new, a wipe would cost me about a day and a half of work. Secondly I do understand the pluses that would accompany opening a new server. I'm just not sure what if any pluses it being a teams server would bring with it. So I'm asking.

Nika - Enchanter
Old 02-23-2014, 10:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nizzarr [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
teams sounds fun man, I mean were getting so much PVP on the red server as it is, lets lower it by 33%, add first to engage rules for same team PVE and camp disputes.

Not only we'll split the servers population in half or more! Sounds great, cant wait.
Yeah so much PvP on Red right now. I hope we don't reduce it by 33% or some other made up bullshit by bluebies like you.
Old 02-23-2014, 11:01 PM
Planar Protector

if there isnt enough teams, its just gona turn into grief-central. i sure hope its race-wars
Old 02-23-2014, 11:29 PM
Planar Protector

As long as it's more than 2 teams and it isn't Item Loot it has a good chance of survival.

I laugh at how many people want to ruin the server with stupid fantasies about looting fungi tunics.
Old 02-24-2014, 02:09 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As long as it's more than 2 teams and it isn't Item Loot it has a good chance of survival.

I laugh at how many people want to ruin the server with stupid fantasies about looting fungi tunics.
It seems likely that we will have item loot, because nilbog is all for it in the teams setting.

Red99
Closed Thread