Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2014, 11:09 AM
Planar Protector

You're an exception, bro. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Still doesn't change the fact that two red servers won't fly, and a "new" red server isn't going to change MOST people's ideas regarding reputation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken View Post
if your reason to be here is to ruin other peoples experiences and grief them off the server, then not only do you not deserve the privilege of playing here, but i will remove your ability to do so.
Old 03-03-2014, 11:24 AM
Fire Giant

So who wants to be on the good and or elf team with me? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-03-2014, 11:35 AM
Fire Giant

Teams99 will drain all other servers to zero!
Old 03-03-2014, 12:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faerie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Have the teams already been decided? I still have an idea or two to throw out there.
can this poster be banned for creating an ATTN: Devs/GMs thread just to write 2 sentences asking about a nonexistent server

what a serious waste of staff's time
Old 03-03-2014, 12:53 PM
Planar Protector

Thank you, Sirken.

Red99
Old 03-03-2014, 01:16 PM
Banned

vs Lingerie
Old 03-03-2014, 02:00 PM
Fire Giant

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-03-2014, 02:39 PM
Banned

I started mostly cause teams and stoked for teams
Old 03-03-2014, 11:08 PM
Banned

nothing has been set in stone, no fucks have been given and teams99 was just a troll that you fucks ate for dinner while they chuckle and lol at the forums and tards who play here.
Old 03-03-2014, 11:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humerox [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The main idea for team servers were to give people the chance to group and work together more in low pop. You guys have already given incentives with the PnP for red to grow.

Taking that into consideration, splitting PvP players with two servers would be a bad idea, imo. The reasons I argued for teams in the past are now moot.

The best thing you can do is to work on a group experience modifier. We saw some serious interest until the global modifier was canned. STILL think that was bad timing.

Meh. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There are still tons of bluebies (according to my research) that are eagerly awaiting the teams server in order to try out pvp. Heartbrand may have turned over a new leaf and he may be running a quality famliy-style raiding guild, but the other established high-end guilds (except maybe FoH) are still busy breaking the rules and earning bans. A fresh start with a greater ratio of bluebies to PKs could really be what it takes to foster a less toxic pvp environment. If the bluebies aren't just blowing hot air about wanting to participate in pvp, then I imagine a teams server done properly (pnp heavily enforced from the start, etc.) would have a higher population than Red99.

I think Sirken said that Red and Teams would eventually be merged together, with the players of the less toxic ruleset server winning out. So we would only be split until Teams caught up to Red on the timeline, I guess.

With the teams still not being set in stone, I'm gonna post what I'd like to see because it beats doing homework.

3 teams: evil, neutral, good

Evil: Bertoxxulous, Cazic Thule, Innoruuk, Rallos Zek
Neutral: Brell Serilis, Bristlebane, Karana, Prexus, Solusek Ro, The Tribunal, Veeshan
Good: Erollisi Marr, Mithaniel Marr, Rodcet Nife, Quellious, Tunare

Barbarian shaman and warriors given the option to worship Mithaniel. Human monks given the option to worship Veeshan (even though it doesn't matter too much with my proposed teams, because agnostic human would be neutral... more options not a bad thing!).

Agnostic characters would have their race determine their team.

Evil agnostic races: Dark elf, iksar, Ogre, Troll

Neutral agnostic races: Erudite, half elf, human

Good agnostic races: Barbarian (would allow barb rogue on good), dwarf, gnome, halfling, high elf, wood elf

Main reason for doing this ^ is to give good team more options. On SZ they were the most limited in terms of race/class combinations. Neutral team would still retain a lot of their uniqueness, being the only team with shorty priests and hybrids. Good team would gain shorty pure melee and int casters, as well as barb rogues. Neut team would not lose out on any race/class combinations.

I like that good/neut would not have SK/necros, and evil wouldn't get druid, paladin and ranger. If the devs really believed that each team NEEDED all of the classes though, this could be done with...

Human/half elf druids/rangers of Bertoxxulous
Human/half elf paladins of Rallos Zek

Human/erudite/gnome necromancers/SKs of Veeshan/Solusek Ro

and uhm...

Agnostic high elf SKs/necros? Kinda goes against lore not having a god and all, but not quite so much as a Mithaniel SK would lol.

There! Relatively balanced teams. Since evil still has the advantage of SKs and big races, I think I'd make their team FFA, so they can attack each other. Would help on Kunark release with "the iksar problem". Maybe good/neut teams should be allowed some limited xteaming, like being able to group and only being able to cast beneficial spells on grouped players of the opposite team. Guilds must be team specific.

Other ruleset musings: Training must be illegal. PnP must be enforced from the start, with bad guys being banned right away and not allowed much chance to appeal. Crossteaming except where allowed by the server should be a very long suspension, with some system in place (probably phone thingy they're playing around with) in place to ensure that players only have characters on one team. Toxic players always removed.

Item loot... I'd like to see it, but if it scared the bluebies away then it's not worthwhile. Would rather see item loot implemented on Red, there aren't really any bluebies that play here anyway. Item loot + FV no drop rules would be sooooo cool! ...Guess I could go either way on item loot.

Seems like a cool server to me. Kind of a hybrid teams/FFA server, which would keep things interesting and allow people the safety of a team when they feel they need it.

Red99
Closed Thread