Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-26-2014, 08:24 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faerie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We're having a lighthearted discussion on this here:

http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=144766

Please join in! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
send me 1000$ check once a week, I might consider it.
Old 03-26-2014, 08:25 AM
Banned

Cool

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Guess which doge plays in Red?
Old 03-26-2014, 08:26 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by FindCorpse [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My one experience with red was being grieved by a super twink that kept a character at max pvp level range for all the different level tiers so he could annoy players of any level entering the estate of unrest. He kept spouting about how we were noobs, which we were and he was going to continue to own us all day. Not very smart if you want to retain a player base. The entire group I was with couldn't kill this guy. What's the point in grieving new players?
Those players are the very small minority on red. Unfortunately it doesn't take more than a few of them to chase off a lot of new players who would otherwise enjoy the server.

The worst part is that those dudes think they're doing a service to red. They really seem to believe that any player who would leave the server after being griefed to hell by a small army of twinks maintained just for the purpose of annihilating lowbies who are just trying to get their feet wet shouldn't be on red in the first place.

The majority of players on red are pretty normal people. Unfortunately the vocal minority of retards on the forums and griefers in the game chase off a lot of new players before they can realize this and get hooked on the server.

For real. If *I* can have fun on red, most blue players should be able to.

My advice to anyone who is on the fence about trying red is to wait until the devs finally push through these plans they've got in store for the server and then try it out... while keeping in mind that the retards ARE out there and part of playing on a PVP server is not putting yourself into situations where they can get the best of you. You wouldn't charge into befallen as a level 3 on blue and then complain that it was too hard for you and that you're going to quit because the mobs in there were griefing you. You shouldn't expect to level up as a PVP noob in unrest on red without running into some difficulties either. And if "PVP happens" ... even if it is some twink being an asshole ... brush it off. It IS a PVP server after all. You should expect to die.
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 03-26-2014 at 08:29 AM..
Old 03-26-2014, 09:03 AM
Planar Protector

PvP should force no anon/roleplay so you can't hide and should prevent bagging gear before you die when item loot is in place.

Would be some solid open world PvP if that happens.
Old 03-26-2014, 09:08 AM
Planar Protector

So when you said you wanted a classic PVP server, Dald, what you actually meant was "I want a very, very custom PVP server" ... right?
Old 03-26-2014, 09:10 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faerie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We're having a lighthearted discussion on this here:

http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=144766

Please join in! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A little cyber session with you...and I will switch to red!
Old 03-26-2014, 09:12 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by LulzSect [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Guess which doge plays in Red?
Neither. The "Red" dog would have pissed in the white dog's face and eaten him.

In.
That.
Order.
Old 03-26-2014, 09:16 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So when you said you wanted a classic PVP server, Dald, what you actually meant was "I want a very, very custom PVP server" ... right?
I'd be fine with legit classic. But we both know that shit won't happen.

Can keep your bagging items and roleplay to hide if you want. Just removing those would facilitate more PvPing which seems to be the end goal I think?

The removal of the current non classic components (zone wide OOC and zone wide PvP announcements) would just facilitate less asshattery. Cause all they do currently is create drama and help people flex E-Peen when they cast Sunstrike and got lucky with 2 full hits.
Last edited by Daldaen; 03-26-2014 at 09:19 AM..
Old 03-26-2014, 09:20 AM
Planar Protector

Oh and teams. VZ / TZ were legit.
Old 03-26-2014, 10:07 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

I'm true blue and killing other players really doesnt do anything for me. In fact, I would probably apologize and feel terrible that I might have wrecked someone's day lol. Then, I'd be afraid they were gonna come back with more and ruin my day.

I enjoy leveling/gearing up to kill Bosses/Dragons/Gods not other players.

So, not much chance that I would play on Red. But if I consider what it would take, I would say:
1) I wouldn't want to be griefed (I know this can't happen but it's what I would want)
2) Teams (at least 3)
3) A strong guild to have my back (I've been terrible in EVERY PvP MMO, I doubt this would be any different)
4) A white flag of surrender for the times that I REALLY REALLY REALLY don't want to die
5) A quiet corner where I could escape the insanity and gently sob from time to time

Long shot, right?