Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 08-29-2014, 11:05 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kruptcy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think the major problem with this is that almost all groups do (or should) have an enchanter on staff, which will mean the bard's CC, slow, and group haste abilities are completely redundant. While the mana regen is nice, a group is usually better served from an EXP standpoint by picking up another dps. I reckon this is just my opinion though as an enchanter.
It's very easy to say "every group should have an enchanter" but you can't always find an enchanter, and a bard is often an excellent second choice. Even if you do have an enchanter, that enchanter doesn't often slow a lot of monsters in my experience (since they're too busy doing other things), nor does he pull. Bards can pick up that slack.
Need a port or a rez? Hit me up on IRC!
Old 08-29-2014, 11:08 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's very easy to say "every group should have an enchanter" but you can't always find an enchanter, and a bard is often an excellent second choice. Even if you do have an enchanter, that enchanter doesn't often slow a lot of monsters in my experience (since they're too busy doing other things), nor does he pull. Bards can pick up that slack.
I can always find an enchanter!! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Also I love pulling. Also I am biased against bards because of all the times i walk into a dungeon on an alt and see every enemy from every floor of the dungeon attacking one 55+ bard. Or heading to the OT to level and finding only rhinos to fight as a bard has come through and hand picked all the enemies worth killing to kite around at once.

Stupid bards. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-29-2014, 11:19 AM
Aviak

Having more CC when things go pear shaped is not a bad thing. I know I have had to root mobs when the enchanter was getting hammered by excessive adds. Bad pulls, inconvenient pops, and random trains happen even in the best group.
Old 08-29-2014, 11:42 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aveenia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Having more CC when things go pear shaped is not a bad thing. I know I have had to root mobs when the enchanter was getting hammered by excessive adds. Bad pulls, inconvenient pops, and random trains happen even in the best group.
Sounds like you need a better enchanter!

....or TWO enchanters!

Bards are evil. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-29-2014, 01:44 PM
Planar Protector

a position that isn't mentioned often but is usually pretty important is puller: A good bard is one of the best chain pullers
Old 08-29-2014, 01:58 PM
Aviak

Best puller I had on live was a bard. He'd chain single pulls with lull if he happened to get an add he'd mezz or charm one and have it fight the other to get both low while we finished the current kills. XP always flew by when he was around. Haven't seen any bards that do that here. Most just play Anthem De Arms or Hymn of Restoration one at a time but I haven't grouped with many so I'm not saying there aren't any that don't.