Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2019, 04:44 PM
Kobold

Weird thing is during beta the button did remember if it was pushed or not until I zoned or logged.
Old 11-02-2019, 02:31 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by paladinblue [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Same problem here, also no meditate button, lvl 8 Shaman, meditate trained to 10 with points - no skill-ups when sitting with mana missing and water in bag, and looking at spell book.

Edit: I re-downloaded and copied/pasted the v52 patch files into my directory and this fixed it. I had previously done this but evidently something changed that messed up some files. The marbleized UI now looks correct and I have a meditate button!
I'll have to try this and see if it fixes my issue. I have just a lowbie now but soon that will really hurt not being able to meditate. Somebody suggested I might just need my book open? But no skill ups, so... hmm.
Old 11-02-2019, 02:54 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

I did what OP suggested and it worked. The "exit" button in my book was non-original UI and now there is a meditate button in that spot that I can click.

so re-patching did the trick. I think this is what happened from using the Duxa installer ontop of the patch file last time.
Old 11-03-2019, 12:44 AM
Former Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccs88 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Give us /meditate please. These patch notes prove the command existed from day 1 of Everquest, up until 4 months and 6 days into Kunark.
Need to be careful assuming patch note message means it was in since release.

Was looking into this command with Telin tonight. /meditate was not in from launch, confirmed via multiple command list references in era as well as another post confirming it was placed in a prior August 2000 patch and was not functioning properly (/meditate from standing would only open spellbook, had to hit it a 2nd time to actually click the meditate button).

Based on this tiny window of slightly broken functionality, I do not see it being implemented.

Moving to resolved.
Closed Thread