Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2018, 12:38 AM
Large Bat

Default Question about Cleric Quest Items

I am new to P99 and started a Cleric. I have spent most of my money on spells, leaving me fairly under-geared (now level 18). I recently noticed that there were some good rewards in class quests(Paw/Testament of Vanear) and I was curious to know if they work, and if in your opinion they are worth doing.

Thank you.
Old 03-23-2018, 05:18 AM
Sarnak

Hey there

Testament of Vanear is a good quest with a nice reward. I can recommend doing that one.

Don't do Paw of Opolla though. I did it here on P99, cause I never finished it back on live. Considering the reward you get at the end, it takes far too much time.
Here's what you should do instead: Do bandit sashes quests for earning plat and then buy the Paw in the EC tunnel.

Cheers,
Old 03-24-2018, 09:04 PM
Planar Protector

I did paw before kunark/velious here. I'd do it now. It is a bitch to complete, but who gives a shit? We're here for the classic grind and this server will never see Luclin. Take your time, put on Netflix and camp the rare spawns. Pixels here are as arbitrary as anything can be. It's as rewarding whether you work hard for a set of raw hide armor at level 2, a Paw of Opalla at 25 or whatever no-drop raid crap you can't put on a job resume at 60. Don't let these nerds tell you something isn't worth it in a game that is basically a 1 button time sink.

Now, if you find yourself waking up at 3am to the sound of an asthmatic dork telling you Gynok has popped and you have to race 200 other nerds to kill it, then I'd say it's not worth it.
Last edited by Ravager; 03-24-2018 at 09:10 PM..
Old 05-30-2018, 01:02 PM
Aviak

Default Epically said

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravager [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I did paw before kunark/velious here. I'd do it now. It is a bitch to complete, but who gives a shit? We're here for the classic grind and this server will never see Luclin. Take your time, put on Netflix and camp the rare spawns. Pixels here are as arbitrary as anything can be. It's as rewarding whether you work hard for a set of raw hide armor at level 2, a Paw of Opalla at 25 or whatever no-drop raid crap you can't put on a job resume at 60. Don't let these nerds tell you something isn't worth it in a game that is basically a 1 button time sink.

Now, if you find yourself waking up at 3am to the sound of an asthmatic dork telling you Gynok has popped and you have to race 200 other nerds to kill it, then I'd say it's not worth it.
This is so true
Old 05-30-2018, 01:05 PM
Planar Protector

exp in Befallen and maybe you will get a random ring
he's like lvl 24 though, so plan accordingly
Last edited by Raavak; 05-30-2018 at 01:09 PM..
Closed Thread