Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 03-30-2020, 07:58 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Toons won't login

Just got back and patched my game to "P99Files53".

I can log into the servers and look at my toon list no problem.

When I select a toon and click "Enter World" the game hangs and then boots me back to the main server login screen. (following login attempt states a toon is already logged in)

I have been trying this all day (was able to get on twice) and I'm not sure what is going on. I had no issues before v53
Old 03-30-2020, 09:12 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

doesn't seem to matter what toon I try to login nor does it matter what server I try to log a toon into.

Ex: try to login to green or blue server and game freezes after selecting toon and clicking "Enter World"
Old 03-30-2020, 10:37 PM
Kobold

interesting I already had a v53 file in my downloads from a couple months ago and assumed I already had it I logged in to character select and having the same issue as you - ill try downloading the v53 on the home page and see what happens - *update* installing this new v53 with no way to tell the difference from the prior one I downloaded it worked i made it past the character select with no crash
Last edited by tiadashi; 03-30-2020 at 11:05 PM..
Old 03-31-2020, 06:34 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

I did a fresh install of the game with a new dload of v53 files. The crashing isn't as bad but still occurs. I was able to play for 30min before crashing again. The game is crashing at toon select now only 25% of the time but tends to crash a lot when zoning (I have run through the crashing while zoning guide and nothing seems to work)

The freezing and disconnecting on toon selection is not nearly as bad as it was but I am still flabbergasted as to what may be causing it.
Old 03-31-2020, 02:03 PM
Kobold

Im guessing you have it running in compatibility mode? I had a crashing issue with p99 years ago where after logging in the game it would crash after about 45 minutes or so which was solved by going to winEQ 2.0 for me anyways - hope you figure it out
Old 03-31-2020, 07:11 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

yah I am in Win SP2 compat mode as admin. Earlier today I was on for 7h with no issues. Now I am going on 3hours with nonstop login issues from char select. I just freezes then bounces back to username/password login screen a minute or 2 later.

I have tried different resolutions, running winEQ 2.0, reducing all particle effects as well as going into the OptionEditor and unchecking Texture Caching. it all gets hung up on the char selection when I hit "Enter World" once in I either have no issues or I crash every time I zone =/
Old 03-31-2020, 07:25 PM
Sarnak

Possibly your ISP? Is there anyway you can tether to your phone (or try a VPN) to see if maybe your ISP is blocking something that P99 requires?

Zipps - 51 HLF Druid <Castle>
Lykosor - 49 DE Necro <Castle>
Aspom - 12 HEF Ranger <Castle>
Slyng - 31 HEF Bard <Castle>
Flecrad - 21 DE Enchanter <Castle>
Lykos - 43 HIE Mage <Castle>
Ribkage - 17 GNM Boneknight <Castle>
Old 03-31-2020, 07:30 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

I don't have a data plan on my phone. I can look for a VPN I guess but I had no issues when I was playing before Christmas.

See attached my internet speeds and comp specs =/ firewall is also disabled with no change to my issue.[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Attached Images
File Type: png computer specs.PNG (5.6 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg Internet speeds.jpg (13.3 KB, 0 views)
Last edited by Jibien; 03-31-2020 at 07:42 PM.. Reason: adding images