Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-14-2022, 08:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I experiment with a lot of different builds. I recently did a dwarf war solo build and went all dex. I solod until lvl 57 and finally gave up and grouped until 60.

While the procs are nice, it’s hard to rely on dex. I think strength is the only melee stat that matters when leveling. It’s the most noticeable getting increased attack and better hits. Stamina is nice if your goal is to be a raid tank. While charisma is technically the min max, 99.9% of people never get to that point. If charisma really mattered that much, we’d be seeing a lot more wood elf/human/half elf wars
The reason to dump into Charisma is simply because the starting stats aren't going to make a huge difference, especially on a Troll. They have higher Strength and Stamina than the small races. It's their Charisma that is low.

The reason why you don't see as many wood elf/human/half elf warriors is because they don't get a great racial like Regeneration or FSI. Those are going to help you more when soloing than 25 points anywhere. They also have slam, which can be helpful against casters without needing to swap to a shield.

For OP Dexterity and Stamina are better, but again it won't really do much. Being a Troll with Regeneration is giving him way more bang for his buck.

Warriors are designed for raiding on P99, and you never know if you will change your mind about it later.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 08-14-2022 at 08:26 PM..