Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2015, 05:39 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossThunderace [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is where it started..some people from A&H went to Starvald, said members jumped a day or two before a planned A&H Vox Raid. Starvald exploited vox and got the kill 1 day before A&H planned raid. Also appeared that Starvaled boxed one of A&Hs mages for the kill. Next Vox pop, A&H is in prep room, Starvald jumps ahead and uses levi trick to get to vox backdoor. GM appears and says you cannot use levi trick to get to vox backdoor, and tells starvald to go to prep. A&H proceeds to clear IGs > Engages Vox > Wipes. Starvald jumps in and kills Vox during A&H wipe. GM shows up and resets Vox. i don't remember the details after that. This is essentially the start to takp drama + "GM enforced raid rot"
Your details are a little muddied with time, it was more like both A&H and SD were in the King area when Vox window was due, with 1 or 2 ultra-bored players on both sides playing around with levitate when the GM came along and asked both sides not to do it. After a short while A&H suicide & ressed past the 4 mobs between king and the rock to Vox's lair, Vox coincidentally spawned shortly after they finished that manouver.

SD, who was a guild with 4-5 people in it who had already resigned themselves to probably hardly ever getting any dragon kills with the behemoth A&H on the server, proceeded with their strategy of implied pressure and tactically bunny-hopped a&h at the boulder, after clearing up from king while a&h cleared the giants in the lair. The plan worked perfectly, a&h paniced and Main Tank the Warlord led a flimsy poorly executed charge on Vox with most of the guild still sitting around outside in prep. After the dust settled, SD went back in (after falling back on the a&h engage) to fight Vox in a 4 minute fight cause of their low #s, the entire time in which A&H was petitioning and /tell'ing the GMs trying to pretend that normal codes of conduct on EQ emus insist that the guild to clear the lair of giants has some kind of kill window, which they eventually succeeded in as the GMs #kill'd vox as SD was about to finish her and began enforcing rotation discussions.

I'm not as familiar with the (unrelated) banning events that happened, but the bans were still probably the major part of the reason the a&h officers left the server though, understandably.
Old 09-25-2015, 05:40 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodmuffin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Boxing, PoK, Shitty GM's, what more could you want? Come on over!
Fuck P2002 bunch of pussies

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Above imagine is about how many real people play on p2002.
Old 09-25-2015, 06:57 PM
Developer

I am not a GM there. But my understanding rotations were to be player run, gm supported. Something fell apart with the "player run" part. The players just basically were unable to come to agrrements in setting up the rotations. I heard several versions of this. Including certain guilds deciding it was in their power to decide who is allowed in the rotation. GM support stepped in and set up the rotations. Players finally worked things out and they mostly take care if their own rotations now I think.
Old 09-28-2015, 12:45 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I recommend that p2002 move back to main code base, as it is turning the server to crap. Keep your own db development. There will be too many disagreements between content devs there.

Haynar
I wondered from when p2002 opened why they used the TakProject code and database? From the Era that p2002 is supposed to represent it would have seemed better to use the EqEmu source and then use the TakProject database, or even EqEmu database. I am to the understanding that p2002 is restricted to the Trilogy client correct? That would not seem to fit what a player would want? I can totally understand why the TakProject uses the Trilogy client, but not p2002.

Stripping the database of content or adding content is both very tedious, but it can be done. I am just wondering why the TakProject source was used for this particular project.
Old 09-28-2015, 06:56 PM
Kobold

I thought this thread got moved to R&F? What is going on here
Old 09-28-2015, 06:57 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossThunderace [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I thought this thread got moved to R&F? What is going on here
I keep reading that too, but it is in Off-Topic. Thread ping-pong?
Old 09-28-2015, 07:19 PM
Aviak

Very disappointed the direction this thread went.

Server is zero drama which is why I picked it and one of the reasons I know it will succeed.

Still having lots of fun on the server. Have not met one single jerk in my many hours of playing on Project 2002.

I'm quite experienced in dealing with jerks on other servers.
Old 09-28-2015, 07:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by xate [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Your details are a little muddied with time, it was more like both A&H and SD were in the King area when Vox window was due, with 1 or 2 ultra-bored players on both sides playing around with levitate when the GM came along and asked both sides not to do it. After a short while A&H suicide & ressed past the 4 mobs between king and the rock to Vox's lair, Vox coincidentally spawned shortly after they finished that manouver.

SD, who was a guild with 4-5 people in it who had already resigned themselves to probably hardly ever getting any dragon kills with the behemoth A&H on the server, proceeded with their strategy of implied pressure and tactically bunny-hopped a&h at the boulder, after clearing up from king while a&h cleared the giants in the lair. The plan worked perfectly, a&h paniced and Main Tank the Warlord led a flimsy poorly executed charge on Vox with most of the guild still sitting around outside in prep. After the dust settled, SD went back in (after falling back on the a&h engage) to fight Vox in a 4 minute fight cause of their low #s, the entire time in which A&H was petitioning and /tell'ing the GMs trying to pretend that normal codes of conduct on EQ emus insist that the guild to clear the lair of giants has some kind of kill window, which they eventually succeeded in as the GMs #kill'd vox as SD was about to finish her and began enforcing rotation discussions.

I'm not as familiar with the (unrelated) banning events that happened, but the bans were still probably the major part of the reason the a&h officers left the server though, understandably.
You are describing the incident that occurred a week after the scenario that you are commenting on: The first Vox respawn. She wouldn't have been "due" if nobody had killed her the week prior [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

The first Vox kill was indeed only possible because 2 of our members jumped ship without explanation the evening before our planned raid (at the time we were the only guild capable of killing Naggy and Vox), and joined Starvald. They then used another of our guildmember's mage boxes to get enough firepower to get the server first with another guild. Very poor sportsmanship indeed.

Just wanted to point out why there's confusion, it's 2 separate incidents
Old 09-28-2015, 07:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopdog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I wondered from when p2002 opened why they used the TakProject code and database? From the Era that p2002 is supposed to represent it would have seemed better to use the EqEmu source and then use the TakProject database, or even EqEmu database. I am to the understanding that p2002 is restricted to the Trilogy client correct? That would not seem to fit what a player would want? I can totally understand why the TakProject uses the Trilogy client, but not p2002.

Stripping the database of content or adding content is both very tedious, but it can be done. I am just wondering why the TakProject source was used for this particular project.
TAKProject and P2002 both use the era appropriate client. AFAIK P99 was the only emulator who ever wanted to go for Trilogy client, but due to it's technical limitations and accessibility last I have heard they are probably going to stick with the Titanium client.

The TAK/P2002 client is in many ways more classic than the Titanium client
Old 09-28-2015, 07:46 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by apio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
TAKProject and P2002 both use the era appropriate client. AFAIK P99 was the only emulator who ever wanted to go for Trilogy client, but due to it's technical limitations and accessibility last I have heard they are probably going to stick with the Titanium client.

The TAK/P2002 client is in many ways more classic than the Titanium client
I was just curious, because there is the occasional complaint about the client.