Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 12-24-2014, 06:05 PM
Kobold

Default New/Remake Mage =)

Hey guys. After trying a couple different classes again to test the waters, I decided to go back to my first character I ever played =) a DE Mage. Would any one happen to have a good robe the would be willing to sell me cheap? maybe FBR or Advisor or something? I have no idea what a SMR goes for on this server or if it's till as awesome as it was when I first got one on my mage years ago =). I have 15p on one of my test toons but can farm bone chips and HC pelts to reach a target $. Thanks
Old 12-24-2014, 06:37 PM
Planar Protector

all a mage needs is malachite (and lapis for a few levels.) 15pp should take you to 60 easy.
Old 12-24-2014, 08:05 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamwiseRed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
all a mage needs is malachite (and lapis for a few levels.) 15pp should take you to 60 easy.
True, but eyecandy and a shinny robe makes game play so much more enjoyable =).
Old 12-24-2014, 08:07 PM
Kobold

Is there a way that you know of to turn off the new pet graphics? I prefer the old ones.
Old 12-24-2014, 08:23 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonslayer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is there a way that you know of to turn off the new pet graphics? I prefer the old ones.
Open your game install folder and find the EQClient.ini file. Open it up with Wordpad or whatever, and scroll down to UseLuclinElementals=True and change it to =False.

You'll have your classy old school double Fist Lunge(!!!!!) pets back.

As for the robe for 15pp, either save up more for an Advisor Robe (150-200pp or less, depending on EC given hour of the day) or if you are really desperate, grab a Gossamer robe off a vendor in either Neriak Foreign Quarter or from the 3 Dark Elf merchants in South Ro. For some strange reason, I always seem to see that robe on those merchants even a few days after a server restart on a patch day.
Last edited by NegaStoat; 12-25-2014 at 12:26 AM..
Old 12-24-2014, 11:01 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by NegaStoat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Open your game install folder and find the EQClient file. Open it up with Wordpad or whatever, and scroll down to UseLuclinElementals=True and change it to =False.

As for the robe for 15pp, either save up more for an Advisor Robe (150-200pp or less, depending on EC given hour of the day) or if you are really desperate, grab a Gossamer robe off a vendor in either Neriak Foreign Quarter or from the 3 Dark Elf merchants in South Ro. For some strange reason, I always seem to see that robe on those merchants even a few days after a server restart on a patch day.
Thanks. I remembered there being a way from back after Velious when I wanted to see the old Vel graphics on armor. I remembered the TRUE FALSE part but not where to go =). Advisor robe would rock to get cheap. I remember sporting that Gossimer robe as my first real robe after the starter one back in the day and thinking I was so PIMP =).
Old 12-24-2014, 11:50 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by NegaStoat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Open your game install folder and find the EQClient file. Open it up with Wordpad or whatever, and scroll down to UseLuclinElementals=True and change it to =False.

I don't actually have that file in my folder. The closest thing to it is eqlsClient. Isn't that one of the files we had to delete on install?
Old 12-25-2014, 12:25 AM
Fire Giant

The correct file is EQClient.ini

You can "open file with" Notepad and make the change.
Old 12-25-2014, 01:48 AM
Kobold

Quote:
The correct file is EQClient.ini

You can "open file with" Notepad and make the change.
I know it should be, but that doesn't exist in my Titanium folders. It was loaded on a fresh computer so it's only in one folder. Once inside mine you have all your normal folders like Atlas, Spell effects, sounds UIfiles and such and after those folder icons you have the long alphabetical list of files. No where in this list in either the E's or any where is my file EQClient.ini. It should be there but isn't =/.
Old 12-25-2014, 01:59 AM
Sarnak

yea right before the log in screen there's the options menu right above exit click that and you should be able to turn them off
Falisaty Shagswell mage of 10 winters
"O Lord, bless this thy hand grenade that, with it, thou mayest blow thine enemies to tiny bits, in thy mercy." Armaments 2:9
Quote:
Originally Posted by pharmakos View Post
my dick would look huge in her hand
Closed Thread