Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 05-19-2015, 04:45 AM
Large Bat

Default getting hit while mobs are miles away

Hey all, im a returning player and find this bug quite annoying. I pull with a dmg spell and the mobs can hit me right away even when kiting them they are able to hit me (and they are far away).
Anyone else experience this as well? cant remember it was in the original one.
The zone i noticed it is blackburrow.
Old 05-22-2015, 05:22 PM
Planar Protector

You pulling mobs that have bows and arrows?
Old 05-22-2015, 05:42 PM
Planar Protector

This used to annoy the hell out of me. It feels pretty effing stupid to have a mob hit you with melee from so far away that it takes seconds run to your position and hit you again. To test go ahead and body-pull a KOS mob from well out of melee range, try a distance of roughly double the height of a human char while running past at SoW speed. Do it outdoors where mob agro ranges tend to be larger (take a L10 or so shaman to oasis and it should be easy to replicate with the orcs there.) Another method is to agro with an arrow and pull the mob obliquely so that it can close to within 12-ish feet (apparant range) before it falls in behind you, it will score a melee hit despite never being in melee range. Even had a death once on an invis L20ish toon in DL that got merked from (seemingly) 20 feet away by a see-invis drolvarg.

I always figured it originated as compensation for server-side delay on agro check. Got used to it and adjusted pull & avoidance tactics to minimize effects, haven't even thought about it really in at least a year.