Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2013, 08:53 PM
Banned

Default State of the Server and Variance

Greetings, players.

I am not the president of the server, nor do I serve in any official capacity. I have been playing since 2010, however, basically full-time, and I feel I have gained a healthy practical knowledge of Project 99 over these last 2.5 years.

The sad news is that despite recent population growth, the server is in deceptively dire straits. The ruleset currently in place for high-end raiding is counter to the Classic mechanic, counter to all laws of fairness, and Lead Developer Rogean has repeatedly opposed changing those rules, both through official statement and apparently willful neglect. This has repeatedly harmed the server in terms of population, when new players reach the artificial and arbitrary raid ceiling mandated by these choices.

The topic of Variance has become taboo here. Multiple threads on this vital topic, hundreds of pages comprising thousands of posts, were recently deleted from the forums. I ask the citizens of P99, is this a productive way to administer the server's forums? A large amount of population will soon reach this unnecessarily vitriolic raid scene of exclusion and quit, as has happened with depressing regularity.

It remains crucial that Variance on raid bosses be removed so that P99 can enjoy a Classic scene at the highest levels. No amount of developer stalling or high-handed erasure of accumulated knowledge in the forums will ever change that. I ask Rogean to reconsider this unreasonable stance, listen to the players and his fellow Staff, and remove this manufactured hurdle to players entering the golden age of EverQuest, the way they did in droves in 1999.

Yours,

The Arch Mage
Old 02-12-2013, 09:27 PM
Planar Protector

Hi, on Red we get all the loot, Crown of Rile's rot, Azure Robe's go to our alts. Keep rolling on blue tho with 1000+ people and 100+ in Sebilis, sounds real fun.
Old 02-12-2013, 09:29 PM
Planar Protector

Does everyone want variance removed?
Does everyone like the FTE rule?
Does everyone want a new server?
Does everyone want R99 to go purple?

Not trying to derail but not everyone hates variance. This isn't live, and the phrase "not classic" comes up all the time... 1999 is still buried in 1999, players act differently here and are more knowledgable than 12-13 years ago.

You can't please everyone, and if it was removed you'd probably have an open letter from the other side of the street asking for it to be put back in.

I'm not saying Velious should be released tomorrow, but when it is there will be tons more vanilla/Kunark mobs/objectives for casual guilds to kill.
Old 02-12-2013, 09:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartbrand [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hi, on Red we get all the loot, Crown of Rile's rot, Azure Robe's go to our alts. Keep rolling on blue tho with 1000+ people and 100+ in Sebilis, sounds real fun.
Competition is fun, not that you would know bro
Old 02-12-2013, 09:31 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

if you think something isnt classic, please provide evidence and post it in the appropriate bug forum or petition forum please, they don't make changes here based on word of mouth
Old 02-12-2013, 09:32 PM
Sarnak

LOL good luck on your crusade .,.. it will never happen
Falisaty Shagswell mage of 10 winters
"O Lord, bless this thy hand grenade that, with it, thou mayest blow thine enemies to tiny bits, in thy mercy." Armaments 2:9
Quote:
Originally Posted by pharmakos View Post
my dick would look huge in her hand
Old 02-12-2013, 09:34 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

besides there are way too many other non classic things that need to be looked at like classic blindness
Old 02-12-2013, 09:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartbrand [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
100+ in Sebilis
Good one [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]...

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Srsly though, these R99 adverts are funny... how else do you advertise a flatlining server? "I own ALL the plat on my server, come be a peasant in my world and get assraped by my well geared alts"
Old 02-12-2013, 10:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
tis guy is just a nerd carry on
Old 02-12-2013, 10:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rettii [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
tis guy is just a nerd carry on
this guy was in a raid guild for 11 months when there were 20 people on red, carry on.