Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2013, 12:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by indiscriminate_hater [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

here we go again... again
100% less annoying than the endless Velious threads.
Old 11-08-2013, 01:06 PM
Fire Giant

agreed
Old 11-08-2013, 01:34 PM
Banned

Alecta is still working on coding for red99 to get everything in check. The last server update made had a lot of progress. They are still working on a solution for PvP resists. They will not open Teams until this is where they want it. I also saw Alecta comment recently on the faction/guard assist with PvP. There are a hand full of issues they are working on.

Another GM also mentioned soon recently. I think they already have the server. It is just an issue of finalizing what the teams are and Alecta fixing some issues so the launch goes smoothly.

When they first announced it and had the broadcast discussing it, it sounded like by year end. That doesn't sound to unreasonable at this point, but it would also be nice if they could pull it off soon for the eqmac players.

Spreading out the population in flow and hopefully snagging a couple people that would have quit but like the idea of an alternative to their last box that shut down would be nice. It also helps since new people hate that feeling of being behind. This would be a fresh start for people that just lost everything on eqmac.
Old 11-08-2013, 02:17 PM
Kobold

I would donate some serious scratch for Teams 99 if it started from level 1 for everyone and there wasnt a server merge with Red 99
Old 11-08-2013, 02:29 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
100% less annoying than the endless Velious threads.
velious is realeasing?! winter is coming!
Old 11-08-2013, 03:04 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would donate some serious scratch for Teams 99 if it started from level 1 for everyone and there wasnt a server merge with Red 99
You might have better luck paying someone to build the EQ server of your choice. I don't think these guys are for sale.
Old 11-08-2013, 03:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't think money would work either. The only chance is if everyone from red99 moves to teams and they merge red99 characters to blue. That is a small chance but only possibility. They did leave it open ended on which servers would merge with what.

It would make sense to merge the red server with blue if teams was successful because that would mean the only people still playing on red would be those interested in PvE. The only resistance from this would be those that want to avoid competition. Red as it stands is the easiest PvE environment around. There is only 1 raiding guild and recruitment is always open for all classes.
Old 11-08-2013, 03:17 PM
Kobold

I just think it is absolutley imperative that Teams99 starts from scratch, making people merge onto it will KILL any chance there ever was of new people joining.

People dont want to join a new server where people are already farming all the content
Old 11-08-2013, 03:18 PM
Planar Protector

There'd be much rage if red merged with blue... all the EC fat cats would be protesting about the extra fungis/manastones etc pushed into the economy (shit's classic of course, server merges happened).
Old 11-08-2013, 03:23 PM
Banned

Gear and players coming into the server shouldn't disrupt the economy much. Red hasn't been around as long so the gear per player playing might actually be in favor of blue. When you trade from blue to red it is at a rate of 2-3/1 for a reason.

Also.. an influx of gear would be a good thing for most players. The only ones that may get hurt by items flooding into the economy are those that RMT, fuck em.

Teams99 will open and be on its own for a while at least. It will be 6 months or so and I'm assuming the exp bonus will be there. It would still be the least intimidating server to join as a new player since you would have 6 months to catch up before you have epic rogue twinks killing you at level 20.
Closed Thread