Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2013, 07:25 PM
Banned

Default Sign of hacking?

Ok so there is this mob that runs on a timer. Very consistently. You kill it and exactly after a certain amount of time (lets say 4 hrs)it re-spawns. At least 6 times now I have killed this mob at random times and always the same person shows up just a couple minutes before it re-pops the next time or a couple kills after that. Always.

When I killed this mob I was the only one in the zone so no one, i mean NO ONE could possibly know the exact time it would re-spawn. Are there hacks allowing this kind of knowledge or is this person just a psychic SOB?

No funny business ever happens, no KSing or training or anything of the sort, just a really super accurate timing that blows my mind. I have been spending a lot of time in this zone maxing out some tradeskills and have seen many people come and go, but this one person...seems wrong to me.
Old 07-29-2013, 07:50 PM
Sarnak

this is antisemitic
Old 07-29-2013, 07:52 PM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-29-2013, 07:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champion_Standing [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not bullshit.

True and very odd.
Old 07-29-2013, 08:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reapin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not bullshit.

True and very odd.
I actually believe you. The way you posted sounds shady though in that this is R&F and you didn't name names. That's my take on it.
Old 07-29-2013, 08:10 PM
Fire Giant

I normally despise all of your belly-aching, Reapin, but this thread does seem more legitimate than usual. From what I understand, MQ or MQ2 or showeq or whatever the hell program can tell you stuff about mobs being up or spawn timers or something. If you are pretty convinced that there is no way that a person can have that kind of luck or knowledge, I would absolutely petition it and let the GM's run their diagnostics and sort it out.
Old 07-29-2013, 08:10 PM
Banned

I learned from the partyboy fallout not to name names until I am sure. So am I right? Is this shady?
Old 07-29-2013, 08:13 PM
Fire Giant

Don't name names at all. Petition a name if you are suspicious. GM's will sort it out and if you are wrong, no harm no foul.
Old 07-29-2013, 08:25 PM
Banned

I don't kill it every 4 hours. That's the thing. I will kill it at 2 come back at 8 and see it has not been killed. Then at 12 right before it spawns again this person shows up always 5 minutes before spawn and makes a B-line for spawn point where I am because I know when it will spawn because I killed it last.

Always the same scenario. The last couple times I did a /who all ***** and notice they are not even logged in until a few minutes before they arrive. I thought at first they were using me as an alert but I have been in this zone a long time lately (god damn pottery skill!) and they only show right before the mob spawns.
Old 07-30-2013, 12:44 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reapin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't kill it every 4 hours. That's the thing. I will kill it at 2 come back at 8 and see it has not been killed. Then at 12 right before it spawns again this person shows up always 5 minutes before spawn and makes a B-line for spawn point where I am because I know when it will spawn because I killed it last.

Always the same scenario. The last couple times I did a /who all ***** and notice they are not even logged in until a few minutes before they arrive. I thought at first they were using me as an alert but I have been in this zone a long time lately (god damn pottery skill!) and they only show right before the mob spawns.

Wait, I got this! Is it Nillipus in the RV with a jumjum stalk?? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pickahippy - 52 Druid
All priest, all the time.
Closed Thread