Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2013, 02:21 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarius [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I normally despise all of your belly-aching, Reapin, but this thread does seem more legitimate than usual. From what I understand, MQ or MQ2 or showeq or whatever the hell program can tell you stuff about mobs being up or spawn timers or something. If you are pretty convinced that there is no way that a person can have that kind of luck or knowledge, I would absolutely petition it and let the GM's run their diagnostics and sort it out.
MQ2/ShowEQ don't have fucking magical psychic powers. They can only time spawns if you were in the zone when the mob died. Again, it's software, not magic. Not sure how you even came to this conclusion.

Essentially the only shady possibility is that this is an alt of a dev who has database access to look up spawn times. I doubt this is the case.

What's actually happening is that you're not killing these mobs at such "random" times and the other person is also simply timing the spawn and can reasonably guess when it will spawn again. When the named Fire Giants were permacamped by everyone (not sure if they still are, probably) I could quite accurately guess when they would spawn again even if I missed a few spawns.

Or it's just that he's getting lucky.