View Poll Results: ban mq?
yes I want to play eq 26 42.62%
no i am a lazy person with no skill or a greedy farmer. 35 57.38%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2013, 11:41 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dermis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Despite having a Ranger that would love his epics..
On Live I never would have obtained my ranger's epic if not for a friend MQ'ing the Shattered Emerald for me.

MQ is about sharing, friends--not greed.
Old 08-08-2013, 11:47 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncapatina [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The goal is to make this server is classic as possible. If you want to play a server with different rules than classic EQ, go find another place. Why is this hard for people to grasp? Nothing is going to get "improved" or redefined. If it is a good idea or not is irrelevant, as is this poll.
Developers have made non-classic changes to make the server more 'in the spirit' of classic. Two prominent examples:

1) The Ivandyr's Hoop nerf. People were using these to take down bosses very quickly. While the functionality was classic, in classic people didn't do this because of a lack of knowledge about the power of these earrings and knowledge of how to recharge them. Why did the devs nerf it? Because taking down monsters in this way was not classic, even if the functionality that allowed it was classic. If people back on live had figured this out, it would have been nerfed back then as well.

2) Variance. The raid scene here is way more top-heavy than it was on live due to the slower timeline. As I understand it, devs have done various things with variance to try to decrease some of the issues relating to this. Whether or not you like the changes (most people don't), the fact of the matter is that this is a non-classic change made to combat issues specific to this server.

MQ is another issue that is way more prominent here than it was on live, so it makes sense to talk about removing it.
Need a port or a rez? Hit me up on IRC!
Old 08-08-2013, 11:50 AM
Planar Protector

Curious as to what coveted mobs you think would be left up should MQs be disabled?

Realistically, you're looking at shaman, rogue, cleric, and monk epic.

The cleric epic is probably the only one of these 4 with contested mobs. Unfortunately, the removal of MQ'n will not stop people from killing Ragefire every 24 hours - his drop table is worth farming without selling the epic.

Unlike the cleric epic, the rogue epic is farmed for the cash from the MQ - Edge of the Nightwalker is really just a secondary reward here. Even with the amount of rogue MQs for sale, the mobs are on such a short timer that they're almost always up. I think I've sold 7 Rogue MQs and have had to wait for Eldreth once. Yendar is an 8 hour spawn, but he's usually up. He's also killed for his SMR. Nerfing MQs just means you sell loot rights to General. I guess if you would nerf Kedge Robe MQs along with the Epic MQs, you could stop most rogue MQs.

Monk epics are mostly sold via demon fangs. 2-3 hour respawn on the turn in mobs mean they're pretty much always up. The big thing is that Demon Fangs are sold as loot rights so the MQ change really only hinders monks from getting Immortals and Pipes MQd.

Shaman Epic - the tear is the entire quest. Again, you're talking about loot rights here. Nerfing MQ won't change tear sales.

Of the 4 epics that are sold, only 3 of them (monk, rogue, shaman) could not effortless switch to loot rights. The remaining 1 is going to be farmed due to Ragefire's loot table.
Old 08-08-2013, 11:59 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Developers have made non-classic changes to make the server more 'in the spirit' of classic. Two prominent examples:

1) The Ivandyr's Hoop nerf. People were using these to take down bosses very quickly. While the functionality was classic, in classic people didn't do this because of a lack of knowledge about the power of these earrings and knowledge of how to recharge them. Why did the devs nerf it? Because taking down monsters in this way was not classic, even if the functionality that allowed it was classic. If people back on live had figured this out, it would have been nerfed back then as well.

2) Variance. The raid scene here is way more top-heavy than it was on live due to the slower timeline. As I understand it, devs have done various things with variance to try to decrease some of the issues relating to this. Whether or not you like the changes (most people don't), the fact of the matter is that this is a non-classic change made to combat issues specific to this server.

MQ is another issue that is way more prominent here than it was on live, so it makes sense to talk about removing it.
You're talking about two small very changes to specific imbalancing things versus a change altering a core game mechanic (mq'ing). Again I will state what I did originally, the goal is to be as classic as possible. Will there be occasions where changes are needed? Of course, you stated two of those such occasions. I'm sure there will be others. This, no matter how much it sucks you can't get your loot, is not a game inbalancing thing that requires a change.
Old 08-08-2013, 12:03 PM
Banned

Dumb idea, not classic, newbie, derp.

But in all seriousness, this would just make it more difficult for many to obtain their epic. This game is hard enough as is, why make it worse?
Old 08-08-2013, 12:10 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkingturtle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
On Live I never would have obtained my ranger's epic if not for a friend MQ'ing the Shattered Emerald for me.

MQ is about sharing, friends--not greed.
I've seen the MQs for the Ranger epic being auctioned in EC at 800k and 300k. Everything CAN be about greed.

But I didn't say it should be turned off or the server was full of greed to begin with, so I'm not sure why I'm quoted. Haha.
Old 08-08-2013, 12:11 PM
Banned

All mq'ing needs to go. Jboots, epics all of it.
Old 08-08-2013, 12:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanforce [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dumb idea, not classic, newbie, derp.

But in all seriousness, this would just make it more difficult for many to obtain their epic. This game is hard enough as is, why make it worse?
If you want easy go play wow.
Old 08-08-2013, 12:15 PM
Planar Protector

Kunark era is old therefor epics are old, everyone and their dog has one - don't be jelly
Old 08-08-2013, 12:18 PM
Planar Protector

The funny thing about this thread is that your main is by far the easiest class to obtain an epic, even at a super low price.

On a serious note, I dunno, I'm not sure removing MQable epics would help the server though much. Maybe this would mean people would be nice and let me loot my Trakanon guts, but I'm not sure. Furthermore, how could I obtain the high elf mask if I wasn't able to do some of the rogue epic?

My gut instinct was to vote option 1, which I did, but upon further reflection, I think my vote should be switched to option 2.
Closed Thread