Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2013, 12:52 PM
Banned

Default kill multiquesting

Time to kill multi questing. When the average player has zero chance of doing a quest because of greedy farmers, the game is broken. When your best chance of getting your epic is buying the mq, the game is broken.
Old 08-08-2013, 01:35 PM
Planar Protector

Then the game has been broken for 14 years.
Old 08-08-2013, 01:37 PM
Sarnak

Crying harder now Reapin? That should yield better results, I'm sure of it. Let's see where this goes, then off to RnF with it again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkingturtle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Leveling past twenty would increase your odds of completing your epic quest.
Last edited by kenzar; 08-08-2013 at 01:40 PM..
Old 08-08-2013, 02:13 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reapin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Time to kill multi questing. When the average player has zero chance of doing a quest because of greedy farmers, the game is broken. When your best chance of getting your epic is buying the mq, the game is broken.
There's a thread from Toodles last year that touches on this.
I tended to agree. Classic vs non classic aside, MultiQuesting is simply unnecessary and creates a situation where greed once again dominates a server that's supposed to allow us to relive an old experience but in a more laid back environment, without all of the stresses and suffering once endured.

I constantly see pipes for example in Karnors snatched up by someone whom has no business looting it, because it's technically 'usable' by anyone since it can be multi quested.
Old 08-08-2013, 02:16 PM
Planar Protector

agreed with stopping MQ. half/half on whether or not it'd be a good idea to stop jboots MQ. But epic MQ for damn sure, can let the MQs continue for paladins though. But seeing a lvl 1 cleric with the epic is pretty ridiculous and not classic.
Old 08-08-2013, 02:33 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-niner [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lets enable instancing so everyone can farm everything themselves. Bots will help us solo it also.
Haha WoW and live EQ mixed into one. Nice.
Old 08-08-2013, 02:41 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-niner [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lets enable instancing so everyone can farm everything themselves. Bots will help us solo it also.
Horrible straw man. Since when does eliminating a player greed issue make the game like WoW? Its like saying gay marriage will ruin thr American family.

lvl 37 Troll Shaman OF JUSTICE
Old 08-08-2013, 02:52 PM
Planar Protector

I have a feeling your posting privileges are going to be revoked after making an RnF post in server chat, getting it moved to RnF, then making a duplicate thread in Server chat.
Old 08-08-2013, 02:54 PM
Fire Giant

3 or 4 threads today.

Suspension incoming.
Old 08-08-2013, 02:55 PM
Planar Protector

This topic could be treated as a serious one acceptable for Server Chat if people would respond that way. I think Reapin has a valid point. Multiquesting does create some unsavory financial mechanics on our server but I don't know if it should, or even could, be removed.

... I haven't been keeping up on the forums today... based on the post above mine, this is just getting spammy?
Closed Thread