Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2013, 03:36 PM
Kobold

While we are at it we should also force TMO to start handing out the guts for the bard epic and other pieces that come off raid mobs.

But on a serious note the only epic or quest for that matter that this might help is ragefire for clerics (this will be solved when velious comes along with others) And since he drops loot he will be farmed anyway. If something you want or need is camped you wait in line for it or come back later. Jboots I see uncamped a lot. I guess I just don't undertand why people selling mq's is such a big deal. People who play this game are mostly trying to relive an experience they had 14 years ago but we have all grown up since then and a lot of us don't have unlimited time to throw at the game.

I earned my epic the first second and third time I did it on live. I will earn my epic here. If I need to wait to camp something I will because that is oart of the game.

I have seen many people give mqs away to people in need and theres no reason to fuck over them because some people want to sell stuff. Competition is fun deal with it.
Old 08-08-2013, 03:39 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by lecompte [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This topic could be treated as a serious one acceptable for Server Chat if people would respond that way. I think Reapin has a valid point. Multiquesting does create some unsavory financial mechanics on our server but I don't know if it should, or even could, be removed.

... I haven't been keeping up on the forums today... based on the post above mine, this is just getting spammy?
No it just is a duplicate thread from one that got moved to the R&F forum.

Creating unsavory things you don't like isn't a reason to change the core way the game operates. The funny part is there will be even more people whining after said change who don't have the means to acquire an epic on their own, and are farming some low level mob so they can eventually afford to buy the MQ.

If they start trying to legislate behavior with game changes this server will be gone in no time. I have faith in the men (or women) behind the curtain to see that.
Old 08-08-2013, 03:41 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by cukazi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If I need to wait to camp something I will because that is part of the game.
Well said. And if you don't feel like waiting in line then go camp something else and sell that item. Then buy the MQ.
Old 08-08-2013, 05:18 PM
Planar Protector

Why don't we add in the trivial loot code too while we at it? Come velious how many people that actually need SCHW are gonna be the one camping it? I bet none. Your argument that greedy people MQ can also be said about any money camp in the game.
Old 08-08-2013, 05:37 PM
Banned

Killing stuff to collect bronze to sell for your spells is far different than killing EPIC quest mobs for their loot for multiquesting.

Somehow the Epic weapon seems a little less so when you see a level 5 with one. I don't know if it is possible, but I have heard of certain players who have many corpses, each with an AC ring so they have a constant supply of rings for multi-questing. Its stupid. I remember on classic when I was level 40 and EARNED my jboots by killing the AC myself. It was a great battle and one of my favorite EQ memories. On this server, such an experience is robbed from people because so and so has a spawn down so well they could one shot kill it and auction it away. None of you see what MQing takes away from the game? Sure you do, but seeing your plat total go up is all you care about.

The farmers are not the only ones to blame here, it is also the people willing to pay instead of play. People need to be encouraged to experience EQ and not take shortcuts. That's why we play right? Because we love the game. Well try playing it. There is nothing more classic than that.
Old 08-08-2013, 05:56 PM
Fire Giant

I like how you accuse people of being blind to how MQing "takes away from the game" when your ENTIRE FUCKING POINT is taking away something from everyone else's gaming experience.

You're a hypocrite and annoying as all get-out. Stop pushing your perception of the classic experience on us, you hypocrite.
Old 08-08-2013, 06:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitty [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I like how you accuse people of being blind to how MQing "takes away from the game" when your ENTIRE FUCKING POINT is taking away something from everyone else's gaming experience.

You're a hypocrite and annoying as all get-out. Stop pushing your perception of the classic experience on us, you hypocrite.

I don't think I can help you because you are unable to see beyond your own selfish desires.
Old 08-08-2013, 06:34 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reapin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The farmers are not the only ones to blame here, it is also the people willing to pay instead of play. People need to be encouraged to experience EQ and not take shortcuts. That's why we play right? Because we love the game. Well try playing it. There is nothing more classic than that.
So you're arguing your point of removing something by stating how popular it is with the general population?

Just because you had a certain experience doesn't mean other people shared it with you. Maybe someone camped the AC for days and hated every excruciating second of it and would have loved for someone to offer them a MQ for plat they had no other use for aside from twinking out an alt. Then they could have gone back to doing what they wanted to do, and "played the game" the way they felt it provided the most enjoyment.

You're acting like we're having a debate of two choices:
1) Buy all your gear via MQ
2) Eliminate MQing completely

In reality, the debate is this:
1) Give people the option to MQ if that is what the want to do
2) Eliminate the ability for someone to choose

What about the people who can't get a group together to take down an epic mob? By your logic everyone should have a fair shot at an epic, so why not make it a random world drop or off a soloable mob? By eliminating MQing you're actually reducing the amount of people who will have access to an epic weapon, not increasing it.

Honestly, if you were arguing that epics are too easily obtained because of MQing, or that you don't have to be a heavily invested end game raider type (which the weapons were really there for on live) to get one, and THAT is why MQing should be eliminated then I would still disagree but I'd probably see your angle a little better.

But you're not, you are arguing that people can farm quest pieces for alts and to sell so other people can't get at that content as often as they'd like.

One thing we completely agree on, seeing a level 5 with an epic sucks. I wouldn't mind one of those dudes tanking for me though.
Old 08-08-2013, 06:34 PM
Planar Protector

List of people in this thread that need to calm down:

- Everyone
Old 08-08-2013, 06:35 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reapin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't think I can help you because you are unable to see beyond your own selfish desires.
Wait, isn't that exactly what your entire argument is? Your selfish desire to force everyone to play through your classic-tinted glasses? Maybe you should turn that help-cannon on your own self, buddy.

I'm trying really hard not to label every lunatic moron on the internet a troll, but you're making that extremely challenging.