Yes 14 8.97%
No 118 75.64%
Just remove the Item Pricing Tracker 24 15.38%
Voters: 156. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2013, 06:29 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reapin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nothing I hate more than seeing Auctions "WTB This and that for this much". Since when does the buyer determine the price?
Since always... nothing sells without a buyer.

Old 08-26-2013, 06:38 PM
Sarnak

Well the P99wiki is more classic than ZAM (Alla) is, since that site is now overloaded with info from Live. So much has changed, I say leave the wiki up. At least it is relevant to what is on our server.

I have used that internet wayback machine thing to look up stuff on caster's realm or the old Alla site from back then, but it is too unreliable. Timing out or unable to get a response etc.

I also used to print out my own quest, spell and class info as well as maps and binder it up all nice. I think it was lost in a flood. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-26-2013, 06:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reapin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My biggest beef is with the Item price tracker. it is totally unfair to sellers

What if one player got an item with his level 60 main with ease and another guy got an item after getting killed 3 or 4 times. Why should the later be forced to meet some arbitrary price set on some webpage? It does not reflect its true worth to the seller.

Nothing I hate more than seeing Auctions "WTB This and that for this much". Since when does the buyer determine the price?

And it will most likely bring down prices because then people will actually start considering the items benefit and stats instead of following the ridiculously inflated Wiki prices.
Always, you can't sell it if nobody is willing to pay for it. Demand is a big part of the whole supply and demand thing.
Old 08-26-2013, 07:15 PM
Planar Protector

I remember Reapin as the guy who was trying to sell a pair of Mithril Greaves for 6k awhile ago (about double the market price at the time). I think that explains his rage against the auction tracker. He doesn't seem to understand the difference between honest trading (buying low, selling high and pocketing the spread) and shamelessly trying to rip people off.

I did a bit of EC trading over the summer and turned 10k into 80k or so over a few weeks, mostly just by flipping highly liquid mid-range items and pocketing a few hundred pp at a time. I wouldn't claim to be an amazing trader, but I think it's a pretty good profit, and was enough to more than adequately gear up a couple alts. The point being that even with the auction tracker in place, it's still quite possible to make money trading in EC. It's just harder to be a scumbag and try to exploit peoples' ignorance of prices.
Old 08-26-2013, 07:15 PM
Aviak

EQLizer was actually a beast DB site, especially when paired with Caster's Realm. The Wiki is essentially those two sites combined, but cleaner imo. Part of the allure of EQ was always the community and sharing of information. I'm not sure why anyone would want to limit any information on the internet. Seems like commy move to me. Damn ruskies...
Old 08-26-2013, 07:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexenu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I remember Reapin as the guy who was trying to sell a pair of Mithril Greaves for 6k awhile ago (about double the market price at the time). I think that explains his rage against the auction tracker. He doesn't seem to understand the difference between honest trading (buying low, selling high and pocketing the spread) and shamelessly trying to rip people off.

I did a bit of EC trading over the summer and turned 10k into 80k or so over a few weeks, mostly just by flipping highly liquid mid-range items and pocketing a few hundred pp at a time. I wouldn't claim to be an amazing trader, but I think it's a pretty good profit, and was enough to more than adequately gear up a couple alts. The point being that even with the auction tracker in place, it's still quite possible to make money trading in EC. It's just harder to be a scumbag and try to exploit peoples' ignorance of prices.

And I sold those greaves for 6k too. And it was not to some ignorant derp. It was to a high level player for his alt. Some people have so much plat that 6k to them is like 6pp to you and I. It is a matter of timing and finding the buyer you want for the items you have.

Being uncompromising and focused is what make you a successful trader.

the Wiki is evil because it injects false data into most transactions.
Old 08-26-2013, 07:51 PM
Planar Protector

I hate to break it to you, but the only people who are regularly going to spend double the market price on an item are RMTers who just jumped into the game and know nothing about the economy. You may be able to sell an item at an inflated price to an impatient player who is legitimately rich once in a blue moon, but anyone who accumulates a lot of plat didn't do so by grossly overpaying for commonly traded gear.

This holds true in real life, as well. You will find that wealthy people (the ones who earned their fortunes, anyway) are typically the shrewdest negotiators and always trying to get the best deal.

And the wiki occasionally has erroneous price info, but I've found it to be quite accurate for the most part. If you can exploit RMTers and the rare impatient rich player into buying items at double market rate, good for you, but don't pretend that that is somehow making the economy better for the average player.
Old 08-26-2013, 07:52 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by senna [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Am I the only guy who had this by the shitter for reading?
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i still have it! somewhere in a box... lol been going thru boxes that past few days lookin for it.
Old 08-26-2013, 07:57 PM
Aviak

Quote:
the Wiki is evil because it injects false data into most transactions.
So, you want the wiki removed in order to net you some additional plat? Got it. As long as we're at it, can we bring Apple down? I need to make some additional dollars on my next phone trade in.
Old 08-26-2013, 08:03 PM
Sarnak

pretty sure hes trolling guys
Closed Thread