Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 03-02-2022, 02:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
no spetsnaz in ukraine yet?

oh right, putin is just using his least trained troops with their oldest tech as fodder first
Stupid libs just don't understand Putin's genius plan to intentionally lose as many battles as he possibly can.
Old 03-02-2022, 02:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
no spetsnaz near kyiv yet?

oh right, putin is just using his least trained troops with their oldest tech as fodder first

the real show starts when special forces show up en masse
Right now they are just killing off the conscripts from Donbas, Luhansk and other troubled regions. They're basically just finding ways to get all the males in the region dead. I honestly don't think they care as long as they can keep that going.

I would call it genocide, IANE tho.
Old 03-02-2022, 02:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dont click on this if you think knowing things makes you culpable.

This is a thread of some pro russian sentiment about the war, I think it's valuable for us to see what the other side is saying bout this since we live in a world where our internet and Russia's is different.

https://twitter.com/ASBMilitary/stat...46959049031684

Im not sure how much of russia agree's with this stuff, but I'd guess anyone who thinks America sucks and lives in a slavic country would think that most of it is true.

The first tweet is in reference to an impending strike headed towards that big TV tower thingy yesterday.
Twitter is the mark of the beast and I don't have an account.
Old 03-02-2022, 02:27 PM
Banned

Yeah I dunno much about Vindman, but he seems partisan as F

If people know your political leanings and you are an official member of military or a teacher or have some non-political position of authority, you done fucked up. You can’t keep your personal beliefs to yourself and because of that, in my opinion you suck at your job in that regard. It’s not hard to keep your politics to yourself at work
Old 03-02-2022, 02:44 PM
Banned

Vindman was highly motivated to protect Ukrainian Jews with U.S. military assets. Apparently.
Old 03-02-2022, 02:44 PM
Planar Protector

I like to watch the scotus judges during the SOU sitting there like warhammer 40k characters, emotionless.

Then that one guy was getting praise last night and he was like such a little nerd about it haha
Old 03-02-2022, 02:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah I dunno much about Vindman, but he seems partisan as F

If people know your political leanings and you are an official member of military or a teacher or have some non-political position of authority, you done fucked up. You can’t keep your personal beliefs to yourself and because of that, in my opinion you suck at your job in that regard. It’s not hard to keep your politics to yourself at work
I forgot why I dislike him but I think that might be it. Captain Crozier was an insubordinate dingus too and it was right to dismiss him.
Old 03-02-2022, 02:50 PM
Planar Protector

Putin isn't interested in taking over Ukraine as a pile of rubble with no functional infrastructure. That isn't the top plan.

He's now in the pickle that the US felt like we were in as far as helping Ukraine.

Because the whole planet is supporting Ukraine, he can either ramp up his city decimation which is obviously not excusable with his thinly veiled "helping separatists" or he can stop. If he chooses to ramp it up every russian rich person is going to take a big hit right to the nutsack as they already have, and they are not likely to stand for it.

Not to mention the actual people of Russia not interested in being isolated north korea style.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 03-02-2022, 02:54 PM
Planar Protector

Saying you can't criticize someone because CREDENTIALS and MEDALS sounds a little empty doesn't it?

I would like to point out that Alexander Vindman's wounds were specifically a concussion he claims to have received. He was riding in an Mrap in the back of the convoy; he was a paper pusher attached to battalion HHC so he was just being transported. Everyone in the convoy received a purple heart that day. Vindman was back at work that night.

Some hearts are more equal than others.

EDIT: You don't get recommended for a PH. You're entitled to it if any specific criteria are met. Saying you have a headache within a quarter mile of any IED is valid.
Last edited by BlackBellamy; 03-02-2022 at 02:57 PM..
Old 03-02-2022, 02:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Putin isn't interested in taking over Ukraine as a pile of rubble with no functional infrastructure. That isn't the top plan.

He's now in the pickle that the US felt like we were in as far as helping Ukraine.

Because the whole planet is supporting Ukraine, he can either ramp up his city decimation which is obviously not excusable with his thinly veiled "helping separatists" or he can stop. If he chooses to ramp it up every russian rich person is going to take a big hit right to the nutsack as they already have, and they are not likely to stand for it.

Not to mention the actual people of Russia not interested in being isolated north korea style.
Sunk cost fallacy, going on 5,000 dead Russians, billions spent, I think it’s like 15B/day or something like that

He cannot fold, he has to all in, sadly