Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2017, 03:25 AM
Aviak

Peopel do trust dial for transfer i had a person ask me do a trade with them on my druid (dialanelf) 100k worth fo tiems then after i was giving them back relzied i wasnt in DaP
Old 05-03-2017, 04:53 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tupakk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Give me a solid reason why someone with an alt in my guild would have the reason to go through the hassle of setting up VPNs and such to get the chance at a one time score that could get them the boot. Use your brain. The DLL is in place for a a reason. A '14 member should know by now that it tracks us very well.

And you did say not to trust us. You wrote it, I said trustworthy for a simpler way to put your scentence into one word.
Think you missed the point about vpn's etc, think he meant it as a way to do your own transfers between your own chars.
Old 05-03-2017, 04:55 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by articnv [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Peopel do trust dial for transfer i had a person ask me do a trade with them on my druid (dialanelf) 100k worth fo tiems then after i was giving them back relzied i wasnt in DaP
You have no idea how many times I cursed your name when I been looking for a dail porter.
They should tm it.
Old 05-03-2017, 05:11 AM
Aviak

Drop transferring is done at your own risk, if you lose items in a drop transfer then it is ultimately your own fault and no one else.

Also, if only the lore cap remained then the person who picked up the other two may have had a cap already. General policy is to not reimburse lost drop transfer items, but the GM may be able to find out who picked it up at least.
Old 05-03-2017, 11:24 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tupakk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Give me a solid reason why someone with an alt in my guild would have the reason to go through the hassle of setting up VPNs and such to get the chance at a one time score that could get them the boot. Use your brain. The DLL is in place for a a reason. A '14 member should know by now that it tracks us very well.

And you did say not to trust us. You wrote it, I said trustworthy for a simpler way to put your scentence into one word.
without sitting here explaining the technical details of it, the memory peeking done by the DLL isn't magically all-knowing, and I don't want to wait potentially weeks to have my stuff restored if someone does decide to screw me over

it's the reality of the situation - you'll tag pretty much anyone who asks to join without any sort of vetting, and people join the guild almost exclusively for the purpose of making money by selling ports. i'm not insulting your guild, i'm pointing out the reality that a random DaP alt is only about a half-step away from any random character in the EC tunnel in terms of trustworthiness.

there are other guilds that have similar policies for inviting, and they're right there with DaP on the trust-o-meter, but they don't advertise their desire to transfer people's stuff.

sorry if I offended you but it's just the way I see things
Old 05-03-2017, 02:00 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyclin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
there are other guilds that have similar policies for inviting, and they're right there with DaP on the trust-o-meter, but they don't advertise their desire to transfer people's stuff.
By this do you mean literally every guild on the server? If someone doesn't already have a shitty reputation and they are 55+ they can get tagged in any raiding guild pretty much upon request. They might not be "full member" but the tag doesn't differentiate.
Old 05-03-2017, 02:26 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triiz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
By this do you mean literally every guild on the server? If someone doesn't already have a shitty reputation and they are 55+ they can get tagged in any raiding guild pretty much upon request. They might not be "full member" but the tag doesn't differentiate.
Could point out that a random level 55 has more to lose than a level 29 druid that gets insta-invited to DaP.

Not sure why this is such a point of contention.

Everyone has a level of "safety" they're comfortable with. Some people will feel safe using DaP for transfers, some won't (or any other random invite guild).
Old 05-03-2017, 02:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyclin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
without sitting here explaining the technical details of it, the memory peeking done by the DLL isn't magically all-knowing, and I don't want to wait potentially weeks to have my stuff restored if someone does decide to screw me over

it's the reality of the situation - you'll tag pretty much anyone who asks to join without any sort of vetting, and people join the guild almost exclusively for the purpose of making money by selling ports. i'm not insulting your guild, i'm pointing out the reality that a random DaP alt is only about a half-step away from any random character in the EC tunnel in terms of trustworthiness.

sorry if I offended you but it's just the way I see things

If you would of opened with this I would of valued your opinion a bit more from the start. Also a DaP Alt that has been in the guild for longer than a month and is 44+ has more plat than they would care to lose just FYI.

They are not going to run the risk of stealing something vs time n effort and amount of plat they have made.

So I still take offense to lumping us in with a rando standing in the tunnel looking sneaky and shady as fuck.

Plus if they steal and I find out well I hope you never have to ��.

Tupakk-57 Bard(Raid Whore)Afeni-45 Druid (Dial a Port Leadership) |Forums|Facebook| Lumumba-60 Rogue(DaP Security)/(Nocterma Member) & Department of Fun Promoter
Old 05-03-2017, 06:06 PM
Banned

don't bother petitioning, you'll never hear back from braknar about it if an item did fall to the ground and ninja'd.

True Story
Old 05-03-2017, 06:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
sorry but nobody should trust random DaP alts for transfers
How dare you?

Everyone knows that ALL wizards and druids are played by exquisite human beings of the most divine and loving nature, trustworthy to the point of being over-trustworthy!

You slander good folk plain and simple here, and should be placed upon a whipping stone and beaten by cattails dipped in hot sauce.

Recant, or be forever known as a blasphemer of the highest order.
Closed Thread