Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-06-2017, 01:08 AM
Planar Protector

Raptureable + slowable mob in a zone where there are casters and abundant pets. Shouldn't be too bad?

Bank a second pet (or third if needed) for recharm. Have memory flux + reoccurring amnesia ready for blur on pet break/death. Use Boltrans over Allure (far quicker cast time) and you should only take a round or two of melee. Can even try to Rapture him on charm break/death for a cleaner swap.

Keep a nearby caster dazzled for ToTs if mana is an issue.

Admittedly, not a ton of room for error, but y'all chose Enchanter over Shaman.
Old 07-06-2017, 03:36 AM
Fire Giant

I was about to solo Khelkar and Emmim saw me. He got so jealous that I was getting a solo kill before him he cancel magiced the spare pets I was keeping. Then trained Velketor on me. I ha fraps but he hacked my YouTube account and deleted those too.
Old 07-06-2017, 07:20 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by pasi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Raptureable + slowable mob in a zone where there are casters and abundant pets. Shouldn't be too bad?

Bank a second pet (or third if needed) for recharm. Have memory flux + reoccurring amnesia ready for blur on pet break/death. Use Boltrans over Allure (far quicker cast time) and you should only take a round or two of melee. Can even try to Rapture him on charm break/death for a cleaner swap.

Keep a nearby caster dazzled for ToTs if mana is an issue.

Admittedly, not a ton of room for error, but y'all chose Enchanter over Shaman.
Mo speaks! Get in here and show us how it's done like back in the old days. But yeah, I think it's doable. Though he also double backstabs you when he summons you after your pet dies. Plus his 285 normal max hits (he quads). That's a painful one round of melee.
Old 07-06-2017, 07:23 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by branamil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was about to solo Khelkar and Emmim saw me. He got so jealous that I was getting a solo kill before him he cancel magiced the spare pets I was keeping. Then trained Velketor on me. I ha fraps but he hacked my YouTube account and deleted those too.
This certainly sounds like something that I would do. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-06-2017, 08:10 AM
Sarnak

Shamans are well aware that slow negates spell haste [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-06-2017, 11:08 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I still haven't tested if this also occurs with worn haste. Stay tuned.
It doesn't. Worn haste stays active.
Old 07-06-2017, 02:39 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I wondered about this, too, since I can be dubious with the dogs with werewolf form + collaboration. Will they equip an item if I give it to them with dubious faction without charming first? More research is required.
I semi-tested this earlier today to see if it had changed. I handed a 2 gold vendor bought staff to a NFP guard that didn't have any weapons and he equipped it. I think it wont show on their loot table though so whatever you give him would be lost. I didn't want to take the faction hit so didn't kill the guard to see if he dropped it or not, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tolinwiz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Could you faction with the dogs and trade him a bunch of -Mr gear, 2hander to stop dw, etc?

A pet with a 2H will still duel wield. You'll see "Pet slashes for X damage" followed by "Pet hits for X damage"
Old 07-06-2017, 02:42 PM
Banned

yes as a warrior i am keenly aware that my haste gets dispelled when a slow lands on me, but the spell slow is mitigated by my worn haste

danque memmauys
Old 07-06-2017, 04:17 PM
Planar Protector

I like the idea of having 200k hp worth of healing items on a melee and just kill him with thorns. I wonder if that would actually work. A bard's DS could, maybe?

(Of course, if this is acceptable, simply waltzing in as a random enc with a charged Soulfire should be pretty easy as well)
Old 07-06-2017, 04:43 PM
Planar Protector

I know an Enchanter who solo'd Khelkor from time to time. He typically died a couple times per success and regarded it as generally more fuss than it was worth. Lull pull out, mez, pre-slow, and have strong heal click item (soulfire) for a pet and it boils down to a) slow not resisting a dozen times and leaving the ench out of mana, and b) charm lasting long enough. Turn the solo into a duo or trio and things get easy with the random death element removed.

Danth
Closed Thread