Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2017, 12:41 AM
Banned

jedi had permadeath after 6(?) deaths

and too many people got mad so they changed it to massive exp loss, which no other profession/race had

i remember knowing of people who ended up grinding over 30 professions to master by the time they hit the right one for their silent holocron

but jedis were fucking monsters when they were knight/master status
Old 09-25-2017, 02:25 AM
Banned

i prefer relevant games like rune scape
Old 09-25-2017, 06:31 AM
Kobold

Anyone heard of an age old proverb far far away in the galaxy: 'Everything Sony touched turn to shit, like no other!'

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-25-2017, 09:04 AM
Planar Protector

Thanks for that link https://www.raphkoster.com/2015/04/16/a-jedi-saga/

I quite liked how the initial plan was to have force sensitive / Jedi as permadeath non-twink No Time to Rez style.
Old 09-25-2017, 12:43 PM
Kobold

It was a different time when devs thought players could handle not being snowflakes who deserved everything handed to them on a platter.

Then WoW came along and every fucktard who could log in 30 minutes a week screamed at the top of their lungs if they werent rewarded instantly at all times with endgame content because they paid a subscription fee.

And every mmorpg has been a wreck since.
Old 09-25-2017, 08:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It was a different time when devs thought players could handle not being snowflakes who deserved everything handed to them on a platter.

Then WoW came along and every fucktard who could log in 30 minutes a week screamed at the top of their lungs if they werent rewarded instantly at all times with endgame content because they paid a subscription fee.

And every mmorpg has been a wreck since.
So you're mad because a business followed a model that generated tens to hundreds of millions of dollars a month in revenue?
Old 09-25-2017, 11:50 PM
Kobold

How'd that work out for them?

Ahldagor would be just like every other mmorpg wannabe dev. "All we have to do to make millions is copy everything about WoW!" Few months later... "what did we do wrong?"

Even Smed acknowledged it was the worst mistake in mmorpg history.
Old 09-26-2017, 08:52 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How'd that work out for them?

Ahldagor would be just like every other mmorpg wannabe dev. "All we have to do to make millions is copy everything about WoW!" Few months later... "what did we do wrong?"

Even Smed acknowledged it was the worst mistake in mmorpg history.
Did you forget the cemented fandom for the Warcraft RTS games that Blizzard already had? What worked for WoW wouldn't necessarily work for another, less established brand which has been the case.
Old 09-26-2017, 10:56 AM
Banned

I'm going to play this emu! I'm normally super casual about games but you might find me on there today/tomorrow (I have a cold ;_; )
Old 09-26-2017, 09:23 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahldagor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Did you forget the cemented fandom for the Warcraft RTS games that Blizzard already had? What worked for WoW wouldn't necessarily work for another, less established brand which has been the case.
Yes, but in my defense it's so easy to overlook the tiny fanbase of ...Star Wars.
Closed Thread